This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Fan Fest 2015

13»

Comments

• See, I knew it felt hinky.
  • Its official we are now open for sale!

Buy your tickets here!

Get your hotel here!

Soon submissions for panels will begin and the floodgates shall be opened.
  • Meeting was had minor tweaks on panel submission form before it goes live *hint hint*

We also decided to try out the envoy program to help is get more demos for tabletop games. Who doesn't like outsourcing work for free?
  • Jesus christ we have ALL THE MONITORS. Just bought 5 at auction for $40 and got 16 17" LCD monitors for free.

... where the hell am i supposed to store all this shit?
  • Ladies and gentlemen it is time!

Event submissions are open!

Mention your FRC affailation in the final part to garner my attention in piecing the schedule. Also pass this link along to people who do "not crap" panels/lectures/workshops.

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • We're only looking for "not shit" panels, by the way. You don't have to be popular - just unique. No experience necessary, either - if you've got something unique to say, we want to hear it.

Of course, by "not shit" we mean:

- No panels or discussions that end with the phrase "Q&A"

- No games of Cards Against Humanity. We mean it.

- Nothing involving Zombies, Ninjas, or Pirates (unless you have something DAMN interesting to say)

- No circlejerk panels where you and your cronies pretend to earn their free badges by running a shit version of Jeopardy.

Remember: if you're running the panel circuit then THIS IS PART OF YOUR CAREER. Don't half ass it like some people half-ass "review" videos. Panels are a chance to sell yourself, not another opportunity to stroke your ego.

Good, unique content sells XP Fest, and in turn XP Fest sells you.
  • A noble endeavour. You will have like, 5 panels on the schedule.
  • Apreche said:

A noble endeavour. You will have like, 5 panels on the schedule.

I'm fine with that. If the panels are of high enough quality, we can use them to grow for the next XP Fest.

It will be very hard work, I don't doubt it, but my experience comes from single track conferences that did exactly this, and they were extremely successful.
  • You're fighting for a dream. Fight that fight.
  • Coldguy said:

Ladies and gentlemen it is time!

Event submissions are open!

Mention your FRC affailation in the final part to garner my attention in piecing the schedule. Also pass this link along to people who do "not crap" panels/lectures/workshops.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Allow me to go jab Yuyuke in the ribs and see what we're doing that month.
  • edited October 2014
    Apreche said:

I'm submitting as many...
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Apreche said:

I'm submitting as many...
    Checked out your stuff dude, and I love it. Checked out your Sound is Magic video. Awesome stuff. I still hate MLP though.
  • Some decent advice for con organizers. Mostly pertains to people running specialty events and games, not necessarily panels, or the overarching logistics of a con itself.
  • Thanks for the link Matt, saw that in the newsletter yesterday too and its great advice.

In XP Fest related news, we have ourselves a headliner! To be announced soon, looking for some more peeps to join him as well.
  • Finally we are starting the convention circuit to promote XP Fest. First stop is South Jersey Geek Fest later this month.

Any other conventions you think would be a good value for an all purpose con to do a little promotion?
  • You could target some of the comic con crowd if you want warm bodies to pad out your registration. They're obviously up for travelling to a geek event regardless of whether there is anything interesting to do there or not. Look up some of the smaller regional comic cons. In NJ, we have an Asbury Park Comic Con, and an Atlantic City Comic Con, for example.
  • I can tell you all now that Inverse Phase is performing on Friday night! He is also known as Mr. MAGFest among other names, if you have people who want to present/perform pass the form along so we can fill up our delishous schedule.
  • Should I be worried that the only thing I see on Con promotion is "go to other conventions and man a table?"

There should be other stuff out there but it appears that the dirth of information is either obscured by secret process or not documented properly.

You think someone would write this shit down for the masses to use.
  • If you have a budget, college radio station ad slots are typically pretty cheap. Ask for their rate sheet. Here's the one of my alma mater's station.
  • Thanks for the info Victor, I'm currently doing the vendor thing at SJGF telling people to come down to pur event.