This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Learning to type "correctly"

124»

Comments

• I was looking at getting the 104 key Cherry MX-green switch CODE keyboard but they seem to be out of stock yet the 87 key Cherry MX-Greens are in stock, I haven't owned a keyboard without a numpad (even though I can detach my current numpad from keyboard, I leave it on). I'm not usually typing in a huge set of numbers but numbers are my touch typing weak spot (the numpad is my excuse / crutch for not learning how to touch type numbers from the normal typing position).
    I assume I would just learn how to touch type with numbers fluidly as the need is forced (like I learned how to do all the different parentheses when I started coding).

Do you guys prefer keyboards with or without numpads?
  • Numpads all the way. I don't use large amounts of numbers anymore but when I was in Customer Support, it was invaluable.

Additionally, I have one of the 104 key green keyboards. #DontHate
  • Dromaro said:

Numpads all the way. I don't use large amounts of numbers anymore but when I was in Customer Support, it was invaluable.

Additionally, I have one of the 104 key green keyboards. #DontHate

It seems they are out of Cherry Greens all over the site, I guess I'll just wait.

• This keyboard looks promising.
    Same people behind the "White Fox' keyboard, but that had a deal breaker in that it was a 60% keyboard with constant layer management required to get some basic button pressing going, I can live with 10 keyless.