This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Problem Solving & Design

2»

Comments

• True. The layout does make the screen the most dominant feature. Which forces you learn the controls by feel, while your focus remains on whatever's on the screen.
  • Looks pretty poorly designed, structurally. It's all held together at one small point. That's gonna break easy.
  • MATATAT said:

Dazzle369 said:

http://www.yankodesign.com/2015/03/19/a-gamers-wet-dream/

Interesting gaming portable concept. A better looking WiiU controller?

I just barely saw this, but that thing looks like a nightmare for packing around, which is sort of the point of a portable to me.
    Agreed. I would be afraid to throw that in a bag. Also that is impossibly thin.
  • Looks pretty poorly designed, structurally. It's all held together at one small point. That's gonna break easy.

I don't think it's a fully resolved product. More like a concept. Like the many concept gaming consoles that are online.

I would imagine this product, if were released as is, would do as well as say the Ouya has done.

I'm just making a point about it's difference in layout, in terms of it's primary function.

Most portables, are just screens embedded into controllers, or screens with attachable controls. In both cases buttons take up space, which could be spent on more screen. This is an alternative layout that gives you the best of both.

When it's comes to durability, price, portability, performance; those are all seperate issues. Which require far more iterations of design to solve.