This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Comments

• You can just buy any of the DLC individually. The Mii stuff is extra. You can buy a set of just all four characters if you want without any stages or Mii costumes. The DLC is actually pretty fairly priced (Characters are $3.99 on one system or $4.99 to buy on both), and the characters are pretty fun.
  • Is anyone else here still into For Glory style matches? I want to get some online games going at some point.
  • Ikatono said:

Is anyone else here still into For Glory style matches? I want to get some online games going at some point.

Wii U or 3DS? I'm way more down for Wii U (playing on the 3DS is legitimately uncomfortable).
  • Either. I'm probably bringing my Wii U home over break too.
  • Ikatono said:

Either. I'm probably bringing my Wii U home over break too.

I'm down. I'll post my Wii U anti-pedophile code when I get a chance
  • Sounds like a good reason to dust off the system.
  • I keep meaning to get the new characters but I haven't played in a while. I'd probably be down though.
  • After I'm done with school and have a break next month, getting better at Smash is one of the things on my free time agenda. I might try to get good with Cloud after he's released, otherwise I'll stick to Ness/Duck Hunt.
  • My NNID is "Ikatono". Errybody add me.
  • Mine is "SuperPichu15"
  • Pretty sure I'm AxelofWisdom.
  • 100thassasin, it's as dumb as it is misspelled.
  • Bayonetta as a smash character will be interesting.
  • Cloud is a lot of fun. Bayonetta will be cool. Corrin looks OP and Fire Emblem is now overrepped.

I'm salty about Geno only being a costume.
  • I think Batonetta's going to look OP. Her combo potential is insane. She looks like she's going to be a worse Zero Skill Spamus.
  • Are there actual balance problems in this game or is this just salt? I haven't fired up that disc in ages.
  • Balance problems are largely understated. There is a clear tier list, but it is not insane like Brawl, or even Melee. Way more characters are viable.
  • Of all the Smash games, this is the most balanced. There's no truely worthless characters, or wicked OP ones.
  • No one in the crew will play with me anymore.

I specialized on Peach, and I'm moderately dangerous. I couldn't win a tournament, but I would do better than last place.
  • Rym said:

No one in the crew will play with me anymore.

I specialized on Peach, and I'm moderately dangerous. I couldn't win a tournament, but I would do better than last place.

I too am in that boat, unless I go and throw down at local cons there is no one I know who wants to play.
  • Rym said:

Peach is a dangerous off-main. I know there's a guy who mains her in the doubles scene called Wife teamed with someone who plays Mario named Husband.

I'm lucky in that my current local crew are all champion-level players (The won the NE reagonals for college recently), so I get to be decent but still have room to improve.
  • The power of Peach is that you have some fast attacks with more range than some people realize, decent priority, a punishing counter, and infinite float.
  • I'm home without a job for like a month and a half starting Sunday, so I'm down for some online play. Do we have enough players on here for a mini tournament.
  • Weren't Husband and Wife in the Smash Brothers documentary series?
  • Coldguy said:

Rym said:

I too am in that boat, unless I go and throw down at local cons there is no one I know who wants to play.
    Same. I wrecked people up with Dr. Mario. But that all goes down the tubes when you deal with a legit Fox/Falco player. Too many benefits.
  • Weren't Husband and Wife in the Smash Brothers documentary series?

Yes. They're Melee players. Wife is still an active commentator.
  • Jesus christ Cloud's air game.
  • More like just Cloud's...Game. Everything is fine tuned. He's really not all that busted when you consider it, but he's very good right off the bat. He feels comfortable, but he has depth that you need to really dig into. I'm enjoying playing as him a lot.
  • I like his game in general. He plays like the halfway point between Mario and Ike, but that FAir....