This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2015

Comments

• Does the logo light up, glow, pulsate or anything?
  • Nope it's just a metallic apple. It's like leaving the tags on your ball cap, or something.
  • So you can return it?
  • If I remember right, it's a licensing thing.
  • I'm sure that's true. The only cases I've found without it are really cheap unbranded ones.
  • muppet said:

Oh yeah.

That looks ultra rad!
  • It's SOOO heavy, but extremely cool. "Official" Rebel Legion gear made to order by their resident expert on Chewbacca bandoliers. My mask kit is coming from a professional make-up and theatrical prosthetics artist in Ireland in a couple weeks, and I'm working on making the hair suit, which is really something when you do it with wig hair instead of buying the movie fur (but the movie fur costs a fortune.)

Should all be ready by June and I'll have a month to practice walking in the stilts and not dying, and completing my cooling system that I'm told by everyone who costumes as Chewbacca won't work, but I take that as a challenge. :-P
  • Do you have any friends in the CT 501st?
  • No not really. I'm not super active yet because I haven't got any approved costumes. I know another wookiee costumer in the RL who's also working on his wookiee (Tarful), and I'm not sure if he ever finished his Darth Vader. So, if he did finish the Darth, then I may have an acquaintance in the 501st... ;-)
  • Wyatt said:

She's a big meany, but she gets shit done.

< Perks

Yes I am, and yes I do!!! Also, I may pick on Wyatt here (and in real life) but he's knows the truth is that I don't want him to leave panels staff. Ever. He's too valuable to our team

Kristen, I have some note in my calendar to remind you about masking tape. Does that make any sense to you?

Got your message. No, it doesn't really make sense to me.

• eggs said:

Got your message. No, it doesn't really make sense to me.

The panels department was going to bring masking tape this year, to the tune of one roll per staff member. It's in the staff suggestions document.
  • That sounds about right...
  • Hey all, looking into hotel rooms for CTCon. I'm wondering who is going & where they are planning to stay. The Radisson is $15 cheaper than the Hilton, but everyone we know usually stays at the Hilton. Any particular reason? We will be booking for between 3 - 5 people, so we may be looking to split-book w someone, once things are a bit more set in stone.
  • I think the Radisson is physically further away, but I'm not 100% on that. I do know that it's on a block that's... less than aesthetic. None of Hartford is pretty, but the Radisson is pretty securely in poopville. I think there's a shuttle, so it may not matter? But I wouldn't want to be walking around outside that hotel at night...
  • I think the con put us up at the Radisson last year. It's not bad. It's just a weird kind of secluded walk to get back to the con.

I really suggest just springing for the Residence Inn. It's centrally located and right about City Steam.
  • I ought to be booking a hotel for this thing but I still don't know if I'm going. Though in light of some lessons learned from the PAX panel I just attended I should prolly make plans to show up even if my panel doesn't get approved.
  • CTcon is fun. Hartford is WAY cheaper then Boston. The food, friends, and forum-ites are plentiful. We have reasons we keep going back.
  • I'm pretty used to walking, so the variable distances isn't much of an issue. If you (Wyatt) are staying in Radisson, we will probably book there too -- I'm pretty sure we will be engaging in synchronized city steaming.
  • Is there word on when the final decisions on panels will be made? I need to know if I need to buy my ticket.
  • Is there word on when the final decisions on panels will be made? I need to know if I need to buy my ticket.

Likewise.
  • The form gives a deadline. I think it's the end of May.
  • What hotel are most people staying at?
  • What hotel are most people staying at?

Wherever the upper-level staff stash me this year.
  • I don't think anybody's looking for us, but Sarah and I are staying in the Marriott (which is the one connected to the venue, right?) for the first year ever. We're both super excited to be "on site" this time.
  • muppet said:

I don't think anybody's looking for us, but Sarah and I are staying in the Marriott (which is the one connected to the venue, right?) for the first year ever. We're both super excited to be "on site" this time.

The only problem with the Marriott is it has the tallest elevators.
  • Tallest? Is this a joke and I'm missing it? :)
  • As in it's going to take forever to get to your room if you are anywhere above the 12th floor.
  • edited May 2015
    OH. OK that makes sense.

Yeah in my costume there's no way I'm doing the escalators/stairs, so that's something to consider. Hmm..

I wonder if the fact that we reserved like the day the blocks were released has any bearing on our placement.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Connecticon 2015 plans are proceeding apace:

• Hmm... It's far enough away I might have lost more weight by then, on the other hand I kinda want to have my costume done now...