This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2015

Comments

• We may have internet this year... more info to come.
  • Spoilers for the new panel, there may be a 15 minute aside for what Fast Karate has dubbed "White Man Kung Fu"
  • Jordan O. said:

Spoilers for the new panel, there may be a 15 minute aside for what Fast Karate has dubbed "White Man Kung Fu"

Hey I took Kempo when I was a kid too.
  • edited June 2015
    Anyone want me to bring something from LA with me? Beach sand? Postcards? I know some folks are into that.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Am I wrong for wanting In-N-Out Burger?
  • So I had to take this part out of my board gaming panel: comparing board games to video games by generations!

NES - Catan and El Grande
    Genesis - Carcassonne and Alhambra
    SNES - Ticket to Ride and Zooloretto
    PSX - Dixit and Dominion
    N64 - Hanabi and X-Com the board game
  • eggs said:

Am I wrong for wanting In-N-Out Burger?

Only in that they're gross.
  • Silly question do the panel rooms have a pc monitor split out (so you can have a private screen to work on) or am I thinking about PAX panels?
  • Coldguy said:

Silly question do the panel rooms have a pc monitor split out (so you can have a private screen to work on) or am I thinking about PAX panels?

We have VGA and 1/8" stereo audio. Only one screen: the main projector. We don't provide monitor displays.

• Coldguy said:

Silly question do the panel rooms have a pc monitor split out (so you can have a private screen to work on) or am I thinking about PAX panels?

Just use presenter mode.
  • I just spent 7 hours to get a list of YouTube videos to download and cut into a 10 minute montage, oh god....
  • If it's any consolation, I've spent ~40 hours this week just trying to cover one sleeve of a costume with "fur" which is actually faux human hair for wigs and extensions. I'm still not quite done with that one sleeve... :)
  • Preparing things for conventioning next week...

Smash Bros updated. All DLC downloaded.
    Board Games... TBD. Mostly card games. Race for the Galaxy. St. Petersburg.
    Staff shirt washed.

Anthony and I are going to coordinate our shift requests tonight. I could bring some middleweight euros (eg. Navegador, Hansa Teutonica) but those are probably more appropriate for PAX or a ScoJo party.
  • I will have some games that I can play when Scott's on duty, and some games that I can play when I'm on duty and nothing horrible is happening. Zendo is good to have up as an idle amusement, and Smash/Mario Kart/Advance Wars can always be played.

If you bring Hansa, I'm pretty sure it'll get played. St. Petersburg! I haven't played that in ages. Always loved that game.
  • Let's play a giant game of team 7-Wonders again.
  • It looks like I'm gonna be able to stop my the Hermitage next week. My already awesome Andrew Jackson panel is only going to get more awesome.
  • I gotta make some XLR cables before I pack my gear, gotta finish my part of Viga and my panel, make some quick updates to the other two, and make my shot list for the trip.
  • Who is starting the FRC Hangout for this year?
  • Silly question, if I were to bring an old school boombox (no mp3s) and a bunch of CDs, would people be interested in jamming to tunes.
  • Wyatt said:

Who is starting the FRC Hangout for this year?

Scott will start it and invite everyone shortly before the con.

If we do it too early, people might start using it and annoy eachother. ;^)
  • Well, the FRC hangout isn't the same as the staff hangout.
  • Bring a device that supports VGA!

If you don't own the adapter you'd need to connect your laptop/tablet/whatever to VGA, I'd suggest buying one before the con. We can not promise there will be one to borrow.

There won't be any laptops to borrow this year either.
  • As much as I would like to go to ConnectiCon, I just got back from two weeks of vacation and really just want to stay home this weekend and maybe read a book.
  • I am now starting to get my "bag" together with games, any request for types to play or titles in general? Yes Pro Jungle Speed will be in there.
  • As I'm coming in from Canadia, I will have limited access to the interwebs when at the con itself (unless it has stellar wi-fi...) Is there any place and/or time the FRC gets together?
  • Without our usual hangout it's been pretty much hit or miss for finding people. I know besides my panels I ain't doing shit and will be down for anything.
  • Oh mans, it's almost con time!
  • Oh mans, it's almost con time!

Yep, gonna catch my plane tonight! Woo!
  • I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm so friggin' hype!
  • Train tomorrow. Also, thanks to magic, Scott Emily and I are in the Marriott now instead of the Hilton.