This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sling TV is a real thing

13»

Comments

• Apreche said:

Ikatono said:

What if you like a show, and then it gets popular? Do you retroactively hate it? Or is it ok because you liked it "before it was cool"?

My like or dislike of things has nothing to do with popularity.
    except when it does....
    Apreche said:

I have no interest in any kind of new/popular/mainstream show

• Apreche said:

Ikatono said:

What if you like a show, and then it gets popular? Do you retroactively hate it? Or is it ok because you liked it "before it was cool"?

My like or dislike of things has nothing to do with popularity.
    except when it does....
    Apreche said:

I have no interest in any kind of new/popular/mainstream show

Yes, there I mean popular in the way that pop in pop music means popular. The number of people that like a thing has no impact on whether or not I like a thing.
  • That statement makes no sense. There is no one show that is defining what is popular on TV the way that the Beatles or Michael Jackson defined popular music for a time. Monday Night Raw, Game of Thrones, and South Park are all popular shows and they have relatively little in common.
  • The fact that he does not like any new popular mainstream show isn't necessarily because they are any of those things.
  • It's a subjective matter. Also a matter of perspective if you can appreciate something or not. However when it comes to entertainment, it's more a question of 'is this thing worth you time?'

Could you be doing something more enjoyable with your time? The answer will be different for everyone, that shouldn't be hard for anyone to understand.