This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Running

13»

Comments

• RymRym
    edited February 2015
    Interface on my treadmill:
    Treadmill Interface

I love how it shows your per-mile "pace" and your current speed in mph, your distance in miles, but then marks laps as "5ks.:

10k run today:
    Running on the Treadmill

Includes a short warmup and cooldown walk.

Also: I hate treadmills.

It was warm enough to run outside today, but the snowmelt made it impossible to do so safely.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • You can actually run a little faster on a treadmill then for reals. No wind resistance. It's small, but a real effect.

Also is totally lame because you don't go anywhere.
  • Starfox said:

You can actually run a little faster on a treadmill then for reals. No wind resistance. It's small, but a real effect.

Also is totally lame because you don't go anywhere.

I'll usually at least ramp up the incline or set an incline program to vary it up. And either watch a movie or listen to a long form podcast.

I only ever use treadmills if I have no other option. =(

• MATATAT said:

Has anyone found the sniper yet?

• oh when I ran 13 miles once, oh god, my poor nipples.
  • RymRym
    edited February 2015
    Cremlian said:

oh when I ran 13 miles once, oh god, my poor nipples.

I made that mistake once and only once.

Post edited by Rym on
  • edited February 2015
    Dazzle369 said:

Bloody nipples? da fuq!?

Yeah dude. Your shirt and yourself are not the same, and move differently. After a while, your shirt moving on your chest chafes your nipples bloody. You can also get medical tape over them, for another solution. Don't use gaff, else you might pull one of them clean off.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I've never had any nipple irritations, ever! If your nipples bleed, you're suffering from satanic possession.
  • Today I did it in 24 minutes. But I ran heavy intervals the entire time.
  • Churba said:

Dazzle369 said:

Bloody nipples? da fuq!?

Yeah dude. Your shirt and yourself are not the same, and move differently. After a while, your shirt moving on your chest chafes your nipples bloody. You can also get medical tape over them, for another solution. Don't use gaff, else you might pull one of them clean off.
    GAH. Gaffer tape on flesh. NO. Been there. Done that.
  • Day nine complete. ~24 minutes.
  • Interestingly, my knees just keep feeling better, not worse. They feel stronger and more solid, and my left kneecap even stopped popping out.

I wonder if I just had imbalanced muscles from all the hard biking. This is the first time in a long, long time I've maintained such a constant level of running activity, and I'm keeping it at 10k or less.
  • I hate treadmills that when I'm on a cruise gig and use the gym, I bike not run. I find it uses waaaay different muscles than running. I don't do enough serious biking in the real world to put strain on it (not biking to work and back every day), so feels like it would be the more damaging.

Then again, I've had zero issues with my knees in my life. I'm more worried about ankles.
  • Nine days in it ended. I seem to have a flu.
  • WINTER WINS (I have had a cold for like a week or so)
  • Cremlian said:

WINTER WINS (I have had a cold for like a week or so)

Almost everyone I know has had a cold for a week or so. Maybe I only notice when I get it, too.
  • I had the flu a couple months ago and thought I was done getting sick for the year since I usually only get sick about once a year if I do get sick. Yet here I am with a cold. Not sure where it came from.
  • I ran two half-marathons over the weekend. On the rest day between them, I did a bunch of rock climbing and biked 30ish miles.

Today, after all of that, I don't feel tired or achy. I feel invincible.
  • That means your body has already given up. You'll be dead by tomorrow.
  • Matt said:

That means your body has already given up. You'll be dead by tomorrow.