This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2015

I have my badges, thanks to Club PA shenanigans. Now to wait for the hotel blocks to open. What's the preferred hotel again? The Sheraton?

Comments

• Dromaro said:

I have my badges, thanks to Club PA shenanigans. Now to wait for the hotel blocks to open. What's the preferred hotel again? The Sheraton?

Club PA means badge sales early? Is that information they want to be made public?
  • It's not the first time they've done it, but they've taken the "it's not a guaranteed thing that will happen" approach when addressing it publicly.
  • Matt said:

It's not the first time they've done it, but they've taken the "it's not a guaranteed thing that will happen" approach when addressing it publicly.

I think that means "It will happen only as long as there aren't too many Club PA members."
  • Apreche said:

Matt said:

It's not the first time they've done it, but they've taken the "it's not a guaranteed thing that will happen" approach when addressing it publicly.

I think that means "It will happen only as long as there aren't too many Club PA members."
    Eeeeyup. I genuinely enjoy most things that PA creates, but I've never brought myself to join the club.

• They did it for South, which is how I got my badges. They didn't do it for East, and now for Prime. I'm happy with a hoge-poge way of doing things because it will keep campers out of Club PA.
  • Gonna try and go to PAX Dev + Prime this year.
  • Will be in denial about attending Prime until late August, when I am not physically there on Friday and am forced to accept the truth.
  • Having been to every Prime since '08, I can only assume that I will definitely be there.
  • I wonder if I sign up for Club PA if I can get passes now. I really don't have the time to wait at my computer and hitting F5 to get passes.
  • Rochelle said:

I wonder if I sign up for Club PA if I can get passes now. I really don't have the time to wait at my computer and hitting F5 to get passes.

Isn't it too late? I assume they sent out an e-mail or something, and that signing up for Club PA now will not get you that e-mail which was already sent. Or are the links posted at some Club PA-only web site?
  • I will F5 for badges. Defense in depth.
  • Seriously though, someone get me badges. I'll try to be available to get badges too, but my work blocks the hotel site. Pence, I know you got me. :3

Well I just signed up for Club PA. We'll see what happens.
  • I'm also on the F5 plan with volunteering Games on Demand as a fallback. May the odds be ever in your favor.
  • okeefe said:

I'm also on the F5 plan with volunteering Games on Demand as a fallback. May the odds be ever in your favor.

I never knew GoD volunteers got badges. My fallback if our panel is not accepted is probably buying a Dev badge. I wonder if they'll let me considering I'm not a dev.
  • Does Dev badge count as Prime badge or do I need to get both?
  • Andrew said:

Does Dev badge count as Prime badge or do I need to get both?

IIRC if you buy a dev badge it gives you the option to get a prime badge.
  • I'm planning on Enforcing, which now isn't a definite thing as I haven't enforced in a while. Will probably be attending, though.
  • They generate codes and email everyone. What Scott said is likely accurate but good luck in any event.
  • Well, that's new. Hey Skelevader and Fish, stop lurking, start posting.
  • It's cool, we don't bite.

Hard.
  • It's cool, we don't bite.

Hard.

Without consent. I mean, if that's your thing...

• I finally got my membership approval.
    I just wanted to let you know that I don't lurk here a lot and actually got linked to your site from another forum I belong to.

I also want to directly apologize to Dormaro if you were offended by my title for the link. You were the first at the time of the posting and I wasn't sure how legit it was since there was no other confirmation. Since there many people have come out and said the same thing happened. I hope there are no hard feelings.
  • Nah man, it's cool. We're a friendly lot here. Good to have you along, hope you decide to stick around a while.
  • I don't see why I wouldn't. I see a thread about every PAX here so I know there are some kindred spirits here. PAX Prime is my main con. I try and do a few other shows/concerts a year, depending on time and what my plans are looking like for the year.
  • If that's the case, it sounds like you might have just stumbled in and found your kind of people. Check out some other threads, no matter what you like, dare I say you'll have company.
  • You should probably change your name though. It's like the opposite of welcoming. You might be a nice person, but I already don't respect you as a person, just because your choice of name. That might be my failing, but I'm not entirely convinced.
  • Now I'm already keyed up for prime badges, even though they haven't gone to "soon".
  • edited March 2015

You should probably change your name though. It's like the opposite of welcoming. You might be a nice person, but I already don't respect you as a person, just because your choice of name. That might be my failing, but I'm not entirely convinced.

Not a YDKJ fan?

Glad to know people here like to judge people at first impressions. Maybe this isn't a nice place after all...

edit:fixed youtube link.
    Post edited by Fascist_Fish on