This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Thursday - San Antonio Texas

2»

Comments

• MATATAT said:

I can't wait for self driving cars to get to the point where they can effectively "zipper" from an on ramp. I imagine it's as bad elsewhere as it is in Seattle but holy shit people don't understand that concept at all it seems like.

I'd be 100% okay with some self-driving settings that basically forcefully took over if you're a fucking incompetent that can't do a proper zipper merge.
  • I live in SoCal. Bitches here are the worst drivers and so damn many. I battle it every day. Driving anywhere else is like babies first driving class.
  • edited March 2015
    I don't mean to be stereotypical.

But Asian drivers are the worst. And Seattle has a lot of them.

However on top of that I generally feel that native Asian people are generally not very aware of their surroundings. 95% of the time I'm walking near them I have to actively be evading them. I've had many of them just straight up run into me. So it might be a bigger thing than driving ability.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I wanted to yell at you guys at one point about the fucking politics. STAHP. STHAAHP.
  • I wanted to yell at you guys at one point about the fucking politics. STAHP. STHAAHP.

Which politics?

• The self-driving car stuff. Not actually a big deal. I was just like "25 minutes in and the episode hasn't started?"
  • I was just like "25 minutes in and the episode hasn't started?"

You must be new here.

• Wait, has Geeknights changed format since the last time I listened? It always takes half an hour to get to the show topic.
  • Scott is right about old people and self-driving cars. If they're not "argh evil self-driving car!" They're, "I'm perfectly healthy and I don't need no help!"
    And then they drive into a wall.
  • Well, really by the time self-driving cars are commonplace a lot of the old people who would currently be crotchety about self-driving cars will be dead. If we can get the currently less old and crotchety people on board, we'll be good.
  • Rym and Scott, this is what you get for comedic mispronunciation

By the time automated cars really get rolling, wont we be the seniors? I'm all for self-driving cars. How about you?
  • Check your Youtube link, Vichus, it doesn't seem to work.
  • Sincerest apologies.