This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

R.I.P. Internet Explorer

2»

Comments

• Starfox said:

32-bit systems can't address MORE than 4 gigs of memory, maybe that's what you were thinking of.

There are workarounds, but it's more correct to say that individual processes can't address more than 4GB in a 32-bit system.
  • Churba said:

Daikun said:

Who the hell still uses 2GB anymore?

Alan Jones, last I heard.
    Sometimes I think we have this underlying sub discussion that no one else gets.
  • Daikun said:

sK0pe said:

Also we've been trying to see how little RAM we can use and still run Windows 10 on the test machine. So far it is stable at 2gb of RAM but if you want to play something like Counterstrike GO with Chrome running in the background you have to bump it to 4gb.

Who the hell still uses 2GB anymore? Go 64-bit or go home.
    Tablets and other low power computers. I use this with a keyboard cover. I can browse the web, watch videos, and play light games. Allowing low end computers to run Windows as well as high end gaming PCs helps establish Windows in a wide variety of price points and role similar to how Android has become the dominant platform in smart phones.
  • edited April 2015
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Announced today at Microsoft's Build conference: Spartan's official name is Edge.
  • Adobe Edge already exists...
  • Not gonna lie but if I can run all my Chrome apps inside this browser (including uBlock), I can default the search to Google and it manages RAM more efficiently I will give this a month long trial.
  • I gave IE 11 a two week trial and it was already pretty good. Edge looks JUST better and it addresses a lot of the issues I had with IE.
  • I gave IE 11 a two week trial and it was already pretty good. Edge looks JUST better and it addresses a lot of the issues I had with IE.

OMG that sexy music and buttery smooth voice.
    What type of car Edge will be, I can't wait.

Edge also makes use of web components which I found were implemented first by Internet Explorer (before Google Polymer and Firefox X-TAG) however they didn't continue to implement it or accept them till Edge.

That was a nice review. Do you have any others on your SoundCloud?
  • Daikun said:

I gave IE 11 a two week trial and it was already pretty good. Edge looks JUST better and it addresses a lot of the issues I had with IE.

That was a nice review. Do you have any others on your SoundCloud?
    no, but I'm not opposed to doing more. Audio only reviews like that don't take much time or effort for me. Got any suggestions?
  • no, but I'm not opposed to doing more. Audio only reviews like that don't take much time or effort for me. Got any suggestions?

Pale Moon
  • Eh, Pale Moon is a fork of FireFox and it looks like it's main differentiating feature is that it guarantees the old style of nav controls. In fact, most of it's advertised features seem to be saying "New FireFox, so we're gonna make our own browser. With BEER. And HOOKERS."
  • End-of-life date: January 12
  • Note: that's end-of-life for all but the most recent supported version, which means IE 11 will live on. And IE 8 on whatever machines are still running XP.