This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forum Android App

I wrote an android app for browsing the forum. It's read only right now due to API issues, but I'm going to try to find a way around that. If you want to try it the download is here

Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Is it really that much better than the mobile web version?
  • Apreche said:

Is it really that much better than the mobile web version?

It will be once I finish the tablet interface, to be perfectly honest I only really did it because I was bored.
    It also does make the Random Gif thread viewable on mobile because it turns image embeds into links.
  • Apreche said:

It will be once I finish the tablet interface, to be perfectly honest I only really did it because I was bored.
    It also does make the Random Gif thread viewable on mobile because it turns image embeds into links.
    Pro.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Pro.
    Hey it's better than the crashing/freezing it was doing before

• This is pretty awesome. Nicely done.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Pro.

I never seemed to have this problem on any device. Also, people gotta stop making bad animated gifa. At least upload to imgur, and they will gifv it for you.

• Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Pro.

I never seemed to have this problem on any device. Also, people gotta stop making bad animated gifa. At least upload to imgur, and they will gifv it for you.

I never had Chrome for Android crash. It just took a while.

• I have tablet UI now.

• Awesome work.
  • When I click a forum thread on my phone, it's pretty much guaranteed that the page hasn't finished loading. Then it finishes, and only later registers my tap, taking me to a thread several rows up. All things considered it won't get me to use an app vs my browser, but good on you for creating an app.
  • I have now rewritten the entire UI backend.
  • Updated release posted on the store.
  • Updated release posted on the store.

That loading screen is going to become super annoying lol.
    Just need a hamburger menu to login or get it so the login details can be stored by the app so that posts can be made (unless the API doesn't allow for that).
  • sK0pe said:

Updated release posted on the store.

Just need a hamburger menu to login or get it so the login details can be stored by the app so that posts can be made (unless the API doesn't allow for that).
    What about the loading screen is annoying? No the API doesn't allow login at all....
  • sK0pe said:

What about the loading screen is annoying? No the API doesn't allow login at all....
    Probably just a user interface thing but when I'm waiting for something to load I don't usually set a program to have a very large portion of the screen animated, it seems distracting. Maybe it got stuck loading because I was on the train when I first tried it out.

I guess I can read stuff while standing in the train if I can't write, it's better than nothing.

• edited April 2015
    sK0pe said:

sK0pe said:

Probably just a user interface thing but when I'm waiting for something to load I don't usually set a program to have a very large portion of the screen animated, it seems distracting. Maybe it got stuck loading because I was on the train when I first tried it out.

I guess I can read stuff while standing in the train if I can't write, it's better than nothing.

I'd rather have the loading screen from a "is this loading or frozen?" sort of standpoint. The animation was just because I thought it was funny. I fixed the loading screen not disappearing sometimes. The new build is uploading to Google now.

I'm also going to look into trying to backdoor my way into being able to login and post. We'll see.
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • Making this post to test something.
  • Ooooh...

What?
  • Ooooh...

What?
    OOOooOOoooooo...

• edited April 2015
    Rym said:

Ooooh...

What?
    OOOooOOoooooo...

...Buntu?
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Rym said:

OOOooOOoooooo...

• Rym said:

Ooooh...

What?
    OOOooOOoooooo...
  • edited April 2015
    Test post
  • Sorry for all the test posts
  • edited April 2015
    I can post from the app (in theory)

EDIT:
    Holy shit that actually worked
  • That's what I was ooh-ing about in the first place. Nice.
  • edited April 2015
    I can post from the app (in theory)

EDIT: Woops, forgot to unhardcode the body
  • edited April 2015
    Can I write a post on my phone now?

EDIT: Yes
  • Does the login work?