This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2016 Presidential Election

Comments

• Trump is really trying to get women to not vote for him. Second debate he stood like a creepy stalker, last debate he coined the phrase "Nasty Woman", which most anti-trump women are owning.
  • I'm with Nasty Woman?
  • I'm with Nasty Woman?

I want a "Nasty Women Unite" shirt and "A Nasty Woman for a Nasty Woman" bumper sticker. A "Ms. Clinton, if you're nasty" shirt might be fun, too.
  • There are two videos making the rounds claiming to "prove" that Hillary and Obama are inciting violence at Trump rallies. Trump himself referred to them during the last debate. There are only a couple of problems with this:

1) At most these videos show some low level campaign volunteers and establish no connection to any higher offices of the campaign or the executive branch.
    2) The videos are made by Project Veritas, a group headed by James O'Keefe whom you most definitely remember as the guy behind the ACORN videos. O'Keefe's "sting" videos have repeatedly been shown to be deceptively edited to give a false impression to the viewer and O'Keefe himself has already been convicted once for illegally engaging in one of those sting operations.
    3) Trump's "charity" has funneled money into Project Veritas.
  • You won't hear me say it often, but credit to Donny - he's either smiling and taking it in good humor, or doing a passable imitation. Sure, you get to see him scowl and grump a bit, but for the most part, he at least appears to be enjoying it.
  • Giuliani not so much.
  • No kidding. He could death-stare for the Olympics with that performance.
  • Now Trump is saying that, if elected President, he'll sue all his accusers and repeal Roe v. Wade.
  • I came across this online: a random alt right conspiracy generator. It just takes random political debate images and adds random conspiracy crap on them. (Circles, arrows, text, etc) The results are usually really funny. http://boingboing.net/2016/10/22/alt-right-conspiracy-image-gen.html
  • edited October 2016
    Britain's leading conservative newspaper, The Telegraph, put together a sting operation where reporters posed as handlers for a chinese national and offered to donate $2 million dollars. They approached PACs for both Trumps and Clintons campaign. The Clinton Campaign did not respond. The Trump campaign did, invited the fake agents and were filmed accepting the offer and laying out plans how to obfuscate the illegal foreign donation. In return it was promised that Trump would be made aware of the donation and it would provide for some influence.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited October 2016
    chaosof99 said:

Britain's leading conservative newspaper, The Telegraph, put together a sting operation where reporters posed as handlers for a chinese national and offered to donate $2 million dollars. They approached PACs for both Trumps and Clintons campaign. The Clinton Campaign did not respond. The Trump campaign did, invited the fake agents and were filmed accepting the offer and laying out plans how to obfuscate the illegal foreign donation. In return it was promised that Trump would be made aware of the donation and it would provide for some influence.

Can I guess some reactions?

Trump supporters:

Well of course Clinton didn't fall for it, she is already bought by the Chinese!

See, see, the media is in bed with HRC!!!! They told her about it ahead of time!!!!

What remains to be seen is if this went anywhere or if the Trump campaign tried to sting them back by calling in law enforcement. Though it looks like they publicly disavowed the group months ago.

I find the real story to be that potentially legal loopholes exist to launder foreign contributions.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • edited October 2016
    I don't bring up the closer often bit this is one of the best 3rd party voting this I have heard on quite some time.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Hearing reports of early voting problems in Texas with electronic voting machines flipping votes at the end. No reliable/trustworthy reporting on it yet. Could be true, could be false, could be a propaganda campaign to instill doubt in the elections results?
  • Yeah...it's bullshit until you actually cite a source. Stop spreading reports and rumors.
  • Andrew said:

Yeah...it's bullshit until you actually cite a source. Stop spreading reports and rumors.

• Cremlian said:
    http://www.12newsnow.com/mb/news/local/programming-issue-briefly-forces-chambers-county-voters-back-to-paper-ballots/341655957

Tldr version: straight ticket voting was resulting in one statewide court of appeals race not to populate.

So, not presidential but straight ticket voting confirmed to have had some issues.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Cremlian said:
    http://www.12newsnow.com/mb/news/local/programming-issue-briefly-forces-chambers-county-voters-back-to-paper-ballots/341655957

Tldr version: straight ticket voting was resulting in one statewide court of appeals race not to populate.

So, not presidential but straight ticket voting confirmed to have had some issues.
    That's not flipping votes though, that's busted machines/software.
  • You're probably not happy to see me but does anyone here know were the "Hillary wants a ground war with Russia" Propaganda comes from?
    Here's some context-
    https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/94857932 Post about creating propaganda of fake draft for women.

They mention using "Non-Pepe/Hillary Shill" accounts to circulate the propaganda.
  • I hadn't even seen that propaganda before this, so they're evidently not doing a great job.
  • I think you answered your own question by citing 4chan.
  • You're probably not happy to see me but does anyone here know were the "Hillary wants a ground war with Russia" Propaganda comes from?
    Here's some context-
    https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/94857932 Post about creating propaganda of fake draft for women.

They mention using "Non-Pepe/Hillary Shill" accounts to circulate the propaganda.

Hard to say.

Looking around and walking back the places I can find it, it appears that it does come from /pol/ and /r/The_donald, and it's based on a combination of the whole "Hillary is a bloodthirsty warmonger" propaganda combined with the whole "Liberals hate and fear Russia" idea.
    Here's some context-

I'd guess 4chan is the original spot but it'd take a lot of effort to say for certain.

On the contrary, speaking for myself, I'm rather glad to see you.
  • Naoza said:

On the contrary, speaking for myself, I'm rather glad to see you.

Aww shucks.
    Banta said:

I think you answered your own question by citing 4chan.

I also tend to see it in "Suggested" youtube videos.