This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The New Screen Savers

Did anyone have TechTV back in the day? Does anyone remember that network's most popular show, The Screen Savers, which was later bought by G4 and rebranded into Attack of the Show?

Well, old host Leo Laporte has bought the rights back and is reviving the show! Check out his announcement! It begins on May 2.

Comments

• I dunno if I would say Attack of the Show was a rebranding of Screen Savers. I did like Screen Savers a lot though. AotS a little less. I mean, Wikipedia says its a replacement, but I remember Screen Savers being way more geared towards exploration of technology than AotS was. AotS was more like "what's happening on the Internet this week?"
  • Early AotS was a lot more like Screen Savers than it was during the majority of its run. It didn't take long before it turned into dudebro internet show. I still watched it but a lot of it was pretty eh.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new Screen Savers. I liked the old one when I was young but we'll see how this turns out. I just hope it doesn't end up being too much nostalgia of what it once was rather than a continuation of the show for the modern era.
  • It starts today at 3PM PST.
  • Was is any good?
  • I wasn't sure where it was supposed to be at, but it looks like you can find it here.