This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Thursday - Watership Down

2»

Comments

• Ikatono said:

Ursidae said:

Just gotta say - I enjoy the bike anecdotes. I was quite happy with all the podcasts that start with "So I was biking."

I feel like this will be a hard challenge for Rym to endure.

This should be a feed by itself. Or a tumblr.
  • Ursidae said:

Just gotta say - I enjoy the bike anecdotes. I was quite happy with all the podcasts that start with "So I was biking."

I feel like this will be a hard challenge for Rym to endure.

I fully expected there to be a long pause after the episode ended, and then an anecdote about a fixie guy

• I picture Rym as "Macho Man" Randy Savage when he's holding back his anecdotes on fixie guy. Fortunately Scott will never be as awkward as Sting in this promo.
  • Christ, now I can't stop hearing him say "Suffice it to say, you should snap into a slim-jim."
  • Churba said:

Christ, now I can't stop hearing him say "Suffice it to say, you should snap into a slim-jim."

• Granted I've never read a single page of a WoT book, but they looked just as boring as those shitty Dragonlance books.

I guess I should also preface by saying I find most fantasy books to be really boring and lame.
  • Just finished Watership Down in anticipation of reading The Warren. It reminds me of The Hobbit, particularly in that I would have probably enjoyed it as a kid about the same time as I read The Hobbit.

The major payoff for me, having learned Lupine through reading the book, was the lone sentence in all-Lupine near the end: “Silflay hraka, u embleer rah.”
    Eat shit, stink lord.