This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Castle Crashers

edited August 2008 in Video Games
Just recently released via Xbox 360 Arcade, Castle Crashers is a side scroller beat 'em up RPG that is awesome. My roommate recently picked it up and the co-op play is amazing. The game is superbly polished and guaranteed to make you laugh, cry, and thirst for blood. Anyone else pick it up?

HhPHRm-kJ5w

Comments

• I downloaded the demo yesterday alongside with BC:Rearmed. I played Castle Crashers first and it sucked me right it. It's fantastic and it feels like ages since there was a good sidescrolling beat-em-up.

However, I found that the boss fights are a bit glitchy.
  • edited August 2008
    This game is really fun. They are having a couple issues with the online right now but they are working on it. It seems that XBLA has been putting out a lot of really good stuff lately.
    Post edited by jordanr64 on
  • Yeah, Castle Crashers is great. I really want to try/play the online multiplayer more.
  • It seems that XBLA has been putting out a lot of really good stuff lately.
    QFT.

Geometry Wars 2, Braid, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Castle Crashers and Penny Arcade Adventure if you want to count that (although it was at the end of may). I also heard good things about Galaga Legions and Shizoid. A bit further back in the year and there are still the N+, Rez HD and Poker Smash.
  • QFT.

Geometry Wars 2, Braid, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Castle Crashers and Penny Arcade Adventure if you want to count that (although it was at the end of may). I also heard good things about Galaga Legions and Shizoid. A bit further back in the year and there are still the N+, Rez HD and Poker Smash.
    The Playstation Store is getting awesome games too. Every Day Shooter, Super Stardust HD, Pixeljunk Monsters, Pixeljunk Eden, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, Socom Confrontation, Warhawk, they have a lot of great games too. Hooray for downloadable games!
  • edited August 2008
    Almost none of those have come out in the past nine months, some are as old as a year. Not to say they aren't good, but PSN hasn't been producing in as great a quantity as XBLA has recently.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • Almost none of those have come out in the past nine months, some are as old as a year. Not to say they aren't good, but PSN hasn't been producing in as great a quantity as XBLA has recently.
    Also, I'd like to point out one other thing. With the move to smaller downloadable games, many non-exclusive publishers are putting the games on PC. If the trend continues to move towards pay to download games, as opposed to games on physical media, the PC could rise from its grave and kill the consoles.
  • Almost none of those have come out in the past nine months, some are as old as a year. Not to say they aren't good, but PSN hasn't been producing in as great a quantity as XBLA has recently.
    3 out of 7 are newer than 9 months, I'd say that's more than almost none. Also, the PSN games have a broader range of scale in budget. Also, Scott, just let the PC die please. The PC as a gaming platform isn't going to explode if anyone thinks that. You'll have MMO players and people playing flash games, but not much more.
  • Not much more? What about Steam and GameTap? I wouldn't go as so far as to say PC will ever dominate consoles but why shouldn't the PC be a viable other option for gamers?
  • ...the PC could rise from its grave and kill the consoles.
    An army of zombie PCs?!
  • [J]ust let the PC die please.
    Why that? The PC's a wonderful platform for games, does not require people to buy a separate box to play games and is also useful for various other things. There is no reason for the PC to die as a gaming platform, it has co-existed alongside consoles and has the best games out there.
  • This game's decent, but I'm not seeing what makes it amazing. The enemies actually have too much HP, and it seems to be a knock them down-get back up-knock them down pattern that gets old fast. I'd play multi, but my second controller is broken and the game's having online problems.