This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Carrie

GeoGeo
edited August 2008 in Everything Else
For the summer I had to read a book for my upcoming Horror reading elective, and the one I chose which I consider to be one of the scariest books I've ever read thus far is Stephen King's masterpiece "Carrie".

I'm sure most of you know what the plot is about but for those of you who don't I'll briefly describe it to you. It's about a socially awkward teen who is tortured every single day of her life by every female led clique in school. Later on she discovers she has psychic powers and uses them against her enemies with disastrous consequences.

The movie only enhanced the experience. If you are into horror or black comedies, then you will like this movie... a lot!

If there is anyone out there who has read/seen Carrie, what are your opinions on the novel/movie? Does it stand up to King's other novels?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Wait, is that the whole plot? Why would you do that?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Wait, is that thewholeplot? Why would you do that?
    Everyone already knows the plot to Carrie.
  • I didn't.
  • Nor did I...
  • edited August 2008
    I didn't.
    You haven't seen the scene with the girl getting pigs blood poured on her at the prom?

Edit: wow you guys. I thought Carrie was fairly well-known. It's been parodied to hell by all sorts of people. I'm certain the Simpsons had an episode about it.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • I didn't.
    You haven't seen the scene with the girl getting pigs blood poured on her at the prom?
    No, and that's horrid. :P
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2008
    I didn't.

Edit: wow you guys. I thought Carrie was fairly well-known. It's been parodied to hell by all sorts of people. I'm certain the Simpsons had an episode about it.
    It was the one where all the grease fell in the prom right with that popular girl right?

edit: Where the hell have all of you been?!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The book came out 34 years ago. The original movie 32 years. Statue of Limitations and all that. Besides it's hardly what you would call a spoiler.
  • I didn't.
    No, and that's horrid. :P
    If you read the book, you'd understand the correlation of that scene and another earlier scene. Therefore it is not horrid, it is incredible and totally original.
  • I've seen the movie, but I haven't read the book. I think it was probably one of my least favorite Stephen King movies. It wasn't bad though, I just think some of his other movies far surpass Carrie.
  • edited August 2008
    [...] you will like this movie... alot!
    What's an alot? Mr. Period?
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Saw it. It was good. The cinematographer was pretty hard for the soft filter, though.
  • Saw it. It was good. The cinematographer was pretty hard for the soft filter, though.
    I've never seen the movie nor read the book, but I knew the plot. C'mon, it is Carrie , check your umbrage-hat at the door.