This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A song I made mere moments ago.

edited August 2008 in Art!
Link.

I felt like sharing.

Comments

• Did you use the Rock Band drum set?
  • edited August 2008
    Did you use the Rock Band drum set?
    No, but I used the Rock Band mic. I flipped my floor tom on its side, hit it a bunch, and delayed it.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Noise, it is to my ears. And sounds even more repeating than your average pop song.
  • Noise, it is to my ears. And sounds even more repeating than your average pop song.
    You could say that, or be really pretentious and call it drone music. I prefer the latter.
    You could say that, or be really pretentious and call it drone music. I prefer the latter.
    I never heard about, or heard in general, drone music. So I was not able to call it that.
  • I don't know what to say.
    Since when did we start talking about Cher?
  • You might think I'm crazy but I actually found that calming. My day at work was really crazy and hectic and my head was full of thoughts clashing against each other. That song felt like a nuke hitting my brain and wiping out all the annoying shit. When it stopped it was just peaceful. *sigh*
  • Did you do the guitar too?
  • You might think I'm crazy but I actually found that calming. My day at work was really crazy and hectic and my head was full of thoughts clashing against each other. That song felt like a nuke hitting my brain and wiping out all the annoying shit. When it stopped it was just peaceful. *sigh*
    :D That made my day.
    Did you do the guitar too?
    Yeah.
    Hm. I guess it's a bit drone. I've heard some drone stuff before, and this seems a little more...chaotic?
  • I liked it. A little more in the mid-range at it could be considered in the wonderful genre of "Noise". Which is a prestigious one indeed.
  • I liked it. A little more in the mid-range at it could be considered in the wonderful genre of "Noise". Which is a pretentious one indeed.
  • edited August 2008
    I liked it. A little more in the mid-range at it could be considered in the wonderful genre of "Noise". Which is apretentiousone indeed.
    Only sometimes. Sure, Lou Reed and Animal Collective are, but I wouldn't call HEALTH, No Age, Holy Fuck, etc. pretentious.
  • Well, it depends. There's bands that are heavy on the noise like Animal Collective and HEALTH, but Lou Reed, No Age, and even Sonic Youth are pretty moderate to light noise compared to some of these really new bands. I'd say the heavier noise tends to be far more pretentious than the others. The ego and confidence you have to have to make such structureless, unconventional, and seemingly random music is enormous.

• The closest thing to noise rock I've ever enjoyed is Deerhoof.

That said, I think I agree with Mankoon. Something about Bear's song makes me forget everything and stare blankly into space.
  • Wow, that sucked.
  • This thread makes me want to listen to Melt-Banana. But I've been listening to Venetian Snares all night, so I suppose the jump isn't that big.

If ACen books Melt-Banana for next year's con, I will go just to see them.
  • edited August 2008
    Lou Reed
    Metal Music Machine is "light noise"?
    HEALTH live
    I like that a lot.
  • Wow, I really like this. I don't have anything really constructive to say, but It's going on my iPod's master playlist. :)
  • edited August 2008
    Metal Music Machine is "light noise"?
    No, but he was way too stoned to be called pretentious for it.
    I like that a lot.
    They're opening for Of Montreal when they play here so I'm gonna try to go to that. I'm not sure when tickets go on sale.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • They're opening for Of Montreal when they play here so I'm gonna try to go to that. I'm not sure when tickets go on sale.
    Shit, what a pair. That's going to be awesome.
  • I just got a distortion pedal for my guitar, since my amp doesn't have gain, and I've been having a lot of fun messing around with it on my bass. I was listening to your song and felt a little something. Here. I hope I didn't ruin it.
  • I just got a distortion pedal for my guitar, since my amp doesn't have gain, and I've been having a lot of fun messing around with it on my bass. I was listening to your song and felt a little something.Here.I hope I didn't ruin it.
    I like it a lot better than the original. We should start and internet band. I could record some random drum parts and you could play something coherent over it.
  • Let's do it.
  • edited August 2008
    It was good until the rattling sound started. edit: my bad, it was Fantastic Contraption playing in the background.

It's okay, but the drum sounds weird.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on