This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2008

Comments

• Regarding the concerts, they were not lame last year at all, the area is just so damn big there's no way they could fill it up. And Ro is right, the chairs are only in the very very back where the losers are, not sure if they want to be there or not. And yeah, lanyards are pretty much a guarantee. I just wonder which company will sponsor it this year. Last year the lanyards were for World in Conflict, which also had a special promotion area with a cool ice sculpture (everything else in there was lame though).
  • We're packing. Tomorrow morning we go to work. Then after work, directly to the airports. It's for real.
  • edited August 2008
    We're packing. Tomorrow morning we go to work. Then after work, directly to the airports. It's for real.
    The weather has been weird here lately. I would say to be prepared for a chance of rain. It doesn't last long. It's also been cooler here as well. The forecast is mostly sunny, partial cloudy, with a chance of showers. Mid to high 60's. It's normally pretty warm this time of year, but it's Washington.

You can see the 5 day forecast courtesy of King 5.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • It's gray, cloudy, but warm in the downtown.

Where's everyone staying?

I'm at the Grand Hyatt.
  • It's gray, cloudy, but warm in the downtown.

Where's everyone staying?

I'm at the Grand Hyatt.
    I'm at the Roosevelt. Won't be there til the morning. You should try going to Pike's Place Market for some site seeing. It's on 1st Ave & Pike/Pine and shouldn't be too far of a walk.
  • edited August 2008
    Courtesy of gomidog's wonderful version of Rym & Scott doing Caramelldansen, I made this poster for tonight when I pick up Rym & Scott at the airport. I might also use it during PAX.

Hopefully they will recognize it. ^_^
  • HAHAHA!
  • You have to love that Scott isn't wearing any pants.
    You would.
  • edited August 2008
    You have to love that Scott isn't wearing any pants.
    You would.
    I didn't think in the original animation that Scott was wearing any pants, so I chose to color it as his legs. >.>

Plus it was originally posted in the Why people think Scrym is gay thread. If you have Topless Rym + Pantless Scott that equals gay. ^_~
  • edited August 2008
    What have I wrought?
    Edit: Hey Ro, when you see the boy, tell him to call me cell. I want to talk to him once he gets in.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited August 2008
    What have I wrought?
    Pure genius? ^^;;
    Edit: Hey Ro, when you see the boy, tell him to call me cell. I want to talk to him once he gets in.
    *salute*Ok will do!
  • What have I wrought?
    Pure genius? ^^;;
    A bit more awesomeness?
    Wanna know how I know you're gay....
  • I thought that the shirt was just covering the pockets, so it LOOKED like he was pantsless.
  • edited August 2008
    That was the intention, shirt un-tucked over some pants. But it works either way.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • That was the intention, shirt un-tucked over some pants. But it works either way.
    You didn't go?
  • edited August 2008
    Sheraton here. I'm probably going to the Strong Bad Make-A-Scene pretty soon, and if not that, then I'll probably either poke my head into random panels or join the line for the concerts.

EDIT: Oh mans, the last song of Freezepop's set tonight was so epic! :D
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • So, I'm probably flying out here every year from now on. It's only Friday, and this was already worth the travel a hundred times over. PAX is everything we've wanted from a convention... Ph33r.
  • Rym, Scott, it was cool running into you two last night. See you at your panel.
  • edited September 2008
    Last minute change of plans to anyone who was going to meet up with me in the main lobby: I'm going to be in the main convention lobby from 4:30-5:00, because the lines for panels are insane all around. Meeting at 5:30 won't leave us enough time to get in. D: So, if anyone misses me in the lobby after the fact, well, there's your explanation.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I got a bunch of video clips from Scrym's panel today, as well as several long ones of Luke Crane's Burning Wheel demos. They'll all be uploaded when I get back home on Monday. :) Man, was that ever a good panel. To anyone who's been complaining about the guys sounding full of themselves lately: you should have been there. It was almost purely informative while still being funny and awesome, just like GeekNights has always been. There were really only one or two off-hand mentions of stuff about them personally (apart from the general GeekNights promotion stuff that bookended things), plus one roleplaying anecdote about a time when Scott was playing a vampire.
  • Ooh, I look forward to the videos! I want to see Luke Crane in action. Does he hit any of the east coast cons?
  • So...

It used to be that I lived my life with no regrets. Everything was awesome, and I lived a life fulfilled. I must say now, however, that I for the first time know regret.

Missing PAX 2007, and those before, was possibly the single greatest mistake I have ever made. It is one I will not make again.
  • plus one roleplaying anecdote about a time when Scott was playing a vampire.
    I go Up, away from the sun?
  • PAX was awesome. It was great meeting up and hanging out with Rym & Scott as well as Eryn. I had the best time. I have some pics that I will eventually put up. However, I'm relaxing today so I can be able to get ready for work tomorrow.
  • Thanks, Rym and Scott! I had a bunch of fun watching the panel, and I'm glad we were able to find you a place to do the after-panel demo. "Adventure Castle!" was the most fun I've ever had from a con game.
  • edited September 2008
    Yes, I think that was the one, Em. XD

Anyway, clip show video of the panel is done! It's posted in two parts. You'll have to turn your volume way up, as my camera didn't pick up the sound incredibly well from five or six rows back:

The panel did have more personal Scrym stories than I remembered after going over the video clips, but they presented them in such a way that it didn't come off as an ego trip, so that's probably why it didn't set off any warning bells for me at the time. Well, that and I've heard most of those stories so many times that my brain kind of glosses over them now when they're told. XD;; Also, I am regretting not having recorded anything they said about InSpectres or PTA. I was just sitting there enjoying the panel too much before I realized, "Oh shit, I haven't turned the camera on for a while! o.o"

Videos of Luke Crane's Burning Wheel demos coming soon!
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Yay! I knew someone had to have vids! Thanks, Eryn!
  • Panel looked great, just from those highlights at least.