This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GAOGAIGAR!

edited September 2008 in Anime
When I first heard from AWO about this anime I was kind of confuse how can a show that is 49 ep. long be good when it has a bunch of re-stock footage, it takes its time to build up and, its 10 years old and its character designs tend to look like a rip of transformers?

It was early 2006 at the time and even though AWO lead us to some bit torrents I decided to wait for it to be release and to be cheap. Now, 2 years later GaoGaiGar is available and really cheap. So decided to get the first box set. It was everything that AWO described. I went for the awesome opening and I stayed for its manly soul.

If you liked the 80s Transformers show, giant super robot shows, mecha, burning passion that defies science, this epic show whose episodes just keep getting better and better is for you.
If you do not believe me just watch this:

NysDKXqVhjY

I can't wait for the Final to be license :D

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I have no idea what the point of that video was but now I'm totally pumped.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I have no idea what the point of that video was but now I'm totally pumped.
    That's pretty much the point of GaoGaiGar. To get you full of manlyness and screaming.
  • Does it have galaxy shurikens? I don't think so. XD
  • Yes, but is there a Sorairo Days Perfect Yell Version?
  • Does it have galaxy shurikens? I don't think so. XD
    It has robots that are ninjas.
  • I can't wait for the Final to be license :D
    Over a year later, still waiting for this.
    Anyway, GaoGaiGar is one of those shows where every time I hear, say, Rym joke about it, I think (because it's been a while since I've last seen it, generally) "Yeah, he's right. That show was kinda lame." Then I watch it again and realize that Rym's wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong.
  • Then I watch it again and realize that Rym's wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong.
    It's not worth the beginning just to get to the end. Giant Robo skips right to the important part. ^_~
  • It's not worth the beginning just to get to the end.
    I disagree, but I also have more free time than you, so I can wade through lower quality stuff without seriously delaying another form of better entertainment.

And if you want "straight to the awesome", check out GaoGaiGar FINAL. You don't need to know too much about GaoGaiGar in order to "get" it, and it's only about 3 or 4 hours to watch the whole thing.