This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Free Astro Boy Preview

edited September 2008 in Manga/Comics
So Dark Horse is reprinting at least part of Astro Boy. They're putting out a book this month that combines the first two volumes. As a geek you owe it to yourself to read this incredibly important and significant comic. To help you out, here is a free preview.

Comments

• Awesome, two Tezuka things I gotta get now.
  • Need. Now.
  • I've been planning to get this even without looking at the preview. I'm also thinking of getting Black Jack, since the first volume of that also comes out this month. I really want to expand my Tezuka library, since all I have is the entirety of Phoenix right now.
  • I've been planning to get this even without looking at the preview. I'm also thinking of getting Black Jack, since the first volume of that also comes out this month. I really want to expand my Tezuka library, since all I have is the entirety of Phoenix right now.
    How can you not have any of the Vertical releases like MW or Apollo's Song?! Get those before you get Astro Boy.
  • edited September 2008
    How can you not have any of the Vertical releases like MW or Apollo's Song?! Get those before you get Astro Boy.
    Also get Ode to Kirihito.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I've been thinking of getting Apollo's Song since that podcast about it, but I just haven't bought it yet- chalk it up to laziness and wanting to complete my collection of Phoenix first. MW I've seen at the local Borders (which surprises me, because almost every manga they have is shonen fighting stuff or shojo sparkly prettyboy stuff), but to be entirely honest it didn't sound like something I'd like to read. Maybe another time.

I suppose it would be a good idea to order Apollo's Song and Ode to Kirihito when Astro Boy is released, so I can just have them all at once.
  • How can you not have any of the Vertical releases like MW or Apollo's Song?! Get those before you get Astro Boy.
    Also get Ode to Kirihito.
    Do not forget Dororo.
  • Phoenix! Buddha! Come on!

I love the 1980s Astroboy anime but I gotta say the manga is very hit and miss. Mostly miss.
  • Phoenix! Buddha! Come on!

I love the 1980s Astroboy anime but I gotta say the manga is very hit and miss. Mostly miss.
    WTF?! You can't like the laster Astro Boy and hate the manga. It doesn't go that way! That's like saying "oh, I hate the Akira manga but I love the movie" (of course that is immediately discounted if you've never read the manga).
  • Ok, I finally got it!
    Man, the Astro Boy manga is sad, deep and good. I can't wait for the next big volume to come out :D
  • I wishlisted it on Amazon, along with Black Jack. I'll buy them once I'm finished with the stack of unread books in my living room.