This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Huge DMP Sale at Akadot

edited September 2008 in Manga/Comics
There's a huge manga sale going on at Akadot. All of their DMP stuff is going at insanely reduced prices. The problem is that almost all of it is yaoi. I went down the list, and I found all the non-yaoi, and it's not much. However, all of these non-yaoi manga are must-buys at insane prices! Everyone buy all of these that you don't already own, right now!

Project X: 240Z - $3.00
Project X: 7-Eleven - $3.00
Project X: Cup Noodle - $3.00
Robot Vol. 1 - $5.00
Robot Vol. 2 - $10.00
Speed Racer Box Set - $15.00
Tezuka School of Animation 1 - $5.00
Tezuka School of Animation 2 - $5.00

EDIT: Just so you know, their shipping and handling prices are insanely high. It's only really worth it if you buy a lot.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I want all of those and the yaoi. *cries*

BTW, I read some Robot.....WTF?!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Wow, there really is A LOT of yaoi. ^^
  • Wow, there really is A LOT of yaoi. ^^
    Yaoi is their niche in the market. ^^
  • BTW, I read some Robot.....WTF?!
    I thought it was good, though strange. And there are several interesting things hidden between those hundreds of yaoi 'graphic novels'.
    Fafner: Dead Aggressor (novel) - $4,-
    Yoshitoshi ABe Lain Illustrations ab# rebuild an omnipresence in wired - $10,-
    Same as above, only limited edition, for $5,- more.
    Scott already mentioned the rest.
  • BTW, I read some Robot.....WTF?!
    What do you mean by that? Is that a good or bad WTF?

Regardless, I'm going to purchase them because of the awesome deal.
  • What do you mean by that? Is that a good or bad WTF?
    Robot is...different. Some of the stuff is kinda ettchi, some of its just weird. However, there are some really good stories too. The art is beautiful.
  • What do you mean by that? Is that a good or bad WTF?
    Robot is...different. Some of the stuff is kinda ettchi, some of its just weird. However, there are some really good stories too. The art is beautiful.
    I've read about half of the first volume. I can now honestly say, "WTF?"

Many of the art is very beautiful, however some of the stories are very disturbing or perverted.

Also, Meho Meho seems like a ripoff of Pero Pero from Kare Kano, but still cute and adorable.
  • For those of you reading Robot, did you get to Suzume Robo yet?

If Robot was just Suzume Robo, I would still buy it. In fact, I would probably pay more for it.
  • edited September 2008
    For those of you reading Robot, did you get to Suzume Robo yet?
    I'm past that. I'm now at "Biting Summer Play".

Suzume Robo is hilarious, however the reasons behind the giant penguin was very weird.

The butcher story haunts me and gives me nightmares.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • If Robot was just Suzume Robo, I would still buy it. In fact, I would probably pay more for it.
    You a fan of the ball-loving grannie?
  • If Robot was just Suzume Robo, I would still buy it. In fact, I would probably pay more for it.
    You a fan of the ball-loving grannie?
    You know it.