This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

In Desperate Need of GEEKY Trivia Questions

edited September 2008 in Conventions
I'm doing a Geek style Jeopardy panel for Geek.Kon this year and I'm in need of a ton of geeky, Jeopardy style questions for it. I was wondering if the kind people of the forums would be able to help be out with this. My friend and I will be compiling all of the questions for the game this Sunday in preparation for the con. Anything you could contribute would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• A section called FAKE RACES from FICTION.

A new Doctor Who episode featured a creature made of fat.
    Adipose

In this fantasy anime what is the name of this reverse mermaid?
    Fishmen

This species was part of a major war with the time lords.
    Daleks

and so on. Get it?
  • A section called "The Almighty Creator":

This person invented the Internet (Al Gore).
    This person invented Evolution (Will Wright).
    This person created the best game ever made (Peter Molyneaux).

etc.
  • A section called THIS ANIME.

This anime is about a young man's journey to be "Otaking."
    Otaku no Video

This anime is about the day to day life of a kogal.
    Super Gals

This anime is about a college club of anime fans.
    Genshiken

...and so on.
  • My Pogeymans

The original fire starter Pokemon.
    Charmander

The first Pokemon Ash caught.
    Caterpie

This HM allows a trainer to ride on their Pokemon over water.
    Surf

This Pokemon makes the weather effect hail occur when it enters the battlefield.
    Abomasnow or Snover

Shedninja has this ability which only allows super effective attacks to hit.
    Wonder Guard
  • edited September 2008
    My Pogeymans

The original fire starter Pokemon.
    Charmander

The first Pokemon Ash caught.
    Caterpie

This HM allows a trainer to ride on their Pokemon over water.
    Surf

This Pokemon makes the weather effect hail occur when it enters the battlefield.
    Abomasnow or Snover

Shedninja has this ability which only allows super effective attacks to hit.
    Wonder Guard
    Most popular name for cocoon type pokemon?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Cascoon because it turns into Dustox, which is a moth. Metapod and Silcoon turn into butterflies which technically makes them chrysalises. :P
  • This character does not speak, in case this character does speak you are advised to ignore its advice.
  • edited September 2008
    Hmmm this seems kind of odd just asking for "geek" questions since people can be geeky in a lot of different things. Roleplaying, Do it yourself stuff, Videogames, Anime, Culture, School, Tech, Books, Comics, and many many more. I donno anything about this convention, but I think you may want to shrink the generic idea into something more specific, or it may not work.
    (I have no experience doing these things, so take my ideas with a grain of salt)
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • If you pick it up, you die. (phonebooth)
  • Cascoon because it turns into Dustox, which is a moth. Metapod and Silcoon turn into butterflies which technically makes them chrysalises. :P
    We will settle this the gypsy way.
  • Hmmm this seems kind of odd just asking for "geek" questions since people can be geeky in a lot of different things. Roleplaying, Do it yourself stuff, Videogames, Anime, Culture, School, Tech, Books, Comics, and many many more. I donno anything about this convention, but I think you may want to shrink the generic idea into something more specific, or it may not work.
    (I have no experience doing these things, so take my ideas with a grain of salt)
    Well the con is for all things geek, so I should be good in that aspect.

Also, thanks everyone for your suggestions so far. Keep 'um coming if you can.
  • Who is he from? (video game character, I give name you give game)

Agahnim - Link to the Past
    Princess Camille - Little Nemo: The Dream Master
    Doctor Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicoot
    Giovanni - Pokemon Blue/Red
    Cliff - Harvest Moon 64

Insert more obscure ideas in here to make it a tougher category.
  • Thanks everyone for your suggestions. All of the questions are ready and we're ready to go for the panel now. Now to plug the con as well as my panel.

If any of you find yourself in the Madison, WI area next weekend, Sept. 27-28 (2008), stop by Geek.Kon on the UW campus. It's totally free and embraces all things geeky. And for those of you who are attending, check out my panel/game show "G33k Jeopardy!" from 2-4 on Saturday in room 1111. We have prizes for the winners and consolation "prizes" for the losers.
  • I know its too little too late, but if you head over to jinx.com (the tshirt site), they run geek trivia every thursday, and they have every week they've done in an archive you can browse through.