This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080916 - PAX '08: Part 2

edited September 2008 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we discuss our glorious Saturday at the 2008 Penny Arcade Expo.

Scott's Thing - Bootleg Demakes
Rym's Thing - Convenience Store

Comments

• The links are messed up.
    But what do I know I'm just stupid and don't know them grammer.
  • edited September 2008
    The links are messed up.
    They are.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • The links are messed up.
    They are.
    Thank you.
  • But what do I know I'm just stupid and don't know them grammer.
    QFT.
  • Got dammit Rym! You got it stuck in my head! Argh!
  • Thanks for the PAX review. You mentioned Boom Blox and how it looks like a not worth 50 dollar game. I agree. My girlfriend and I sometimes get Wii games from the DVD rental place if we don't feel like getting a movie. We played Boom Blox for two nights, staying up very late both nights throwing blocks at each other. It is a very fun game, but not one we would buy for more than 10 euros or so, not when we can rent it for about 1 euro a day. We'll certainly rent it again, because we only got through about half the multiplayer levels.
  • I think I have the gun mouse that you guys mentioned in the show. I'll take a pic of it later when I'm home, but I got it 3 years ago at E3 and I thought the same sort of thing you guys did when I first tried it out. Once I got to my computer and actually tried it... it's actually not good at all. At least that is how mine is, maybe they've updated it. I wouldn't have gotten it anyway had they not given it to me for free.
  • This last show has sealed it. I really must go to PAX next year.
  • Listening to it now, hoping my writing skills can get me out to PAX (at least East) next year.
  • I laughed so hard that my cold had me coughing up god knows what. I've already ripped it and it's on my iPod.
  • Convenience Store is going to be stuck in my head for days.
  • Convenience Store is going to be stuck in my head for days.
    Yes, same here. It's stuck in all of my friends' heads as well.
  • Here's the picture of my gun mouse thing
  • edited September 2008
    Here's the picture of my gun mouse thing
    That is definitely not what we were using. I'm not sure if this is the exact model we tried, but it was closer to this.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • That is a far better design. It looks like you can actually hit all the buttons, and maneuver it with more ease.
  • Rym, your midlife crisis is going to suck.
  • RymRym
    edited September 2008
    Rym, your midlife crisis is going tosuck.
    Midlife crises only happen to people who hit their midpoint and suddenly realize that they've wasted their lives. My only complain when I'm 40 will be that my physical body isn't as powerful as it once was.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I'm really enjoying your coverage of PAX, other than GFW radio I've never been enthusiastic to hear a podcast. Good jorb.
  • Wow, the TIGsource competition made it to geeknights.
    I knew I should have entered :P.
  • edited September 2008
    Can we get a pic of the DS case you got from Japan?
    I have seen a few, but none seem to hold that many games. Can you post a picture, or a link on where to find this?

Oh and Brawndo tastes great, and I dislike energy drinks. It tastes like liquid sprees candy or somthing of the sort.
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • Can we get a pic of the DS case you got from Japan?
    Case from Yesasia.com. However Scott got his case from Pink Godzilla.

Here is my case that inspired Scott to purchase one as well. (But he did not get it in pretty pink like myself. :P)
  • Can we get a pic of the DS case you got from Japan?
    Case from Yesasia.com. However Scott got his case fromPink Godzilla.
    I like this one from Penguin United. Holds 24 carts and it's quite compact, though it isn't quite as cool looking.
  • though it isn't quite as cool looking.
    But it has a cute little penguin on it! Penguins make (almost) everything better!
  • Nine prefer cute little penguin thingamabob over pugly pink thingamabob. And I thought that DS cartridges were smaller than that, about half in size actually.
  • I got mine from Play-Asia. As a special bonus for you cool forum peeps, here's a discount code; if you're the first person to enter it with your order you'll get US$5 off:

TI-ROC-KPX