This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New York Anime Festival 2008

RymRym
edited September 2008 in Conventions
This weekend, Friday-Sunday, is the New York Anime Festival. As always, we will be there with our live shows. If you're in the area (New York City), come check it out!

Saturday, September 27th
Comics for the Manga Fan
4:15pm-5:15pm
Room 1A24

Anime Match Game
Special Guests: Lisa Ortiz, Eric Maruscak, Bill Rogers, and Kevin McKeever
6:45pm-7:45pm
Room 1A14

Gekiga: Dramatic Manga
8pm-9pm
Room 1A24

Sunday, September 28th
Know Your Creators
2:45pm-3:45pm
Room 1A06

Comments

• I wish I was going again this year, looks like its going to be a blast.
  • Be sure to visit David Wongs booth in the dealers room, if you have time. He's the guy I bought my Dominion Tank Police poster from. Only $3.

Also, tell him Victor from Mikomicon sent you.
  • Went today for free by borrowing a friends badge. Got there around 5-ish. It seemed very mellow to me, which is probably because it was an hour till closing time on Friday. I'm sure tomorrow will be better, although I'm not sure I would actually want to spend the money to get in...
  • Went today for free by borrowing a friends badge. Got there around 5-ish. It seemed very mellow to me, which is probably because it was an hour till closing time on Friday. I'm sure tomorrow will be better, although I'm not sure I would actually want to spend the money to get in...
    Yeah, last year only Saturday had action. That's why we're going for Saturday only this year.
  • Oh man, I'm broken. Between Corbin's snoring, the walking, and having to be stage manager for the cosplay masquerade I'm totally beat.
  • edited September 2008
    Sunday, September 28th
    Know Your Creators
    2:45pm-3:45pm
    Room 1A06

Where were you? I ask where were you?
    Post edited by ZakoSoldier on
  • Where were you? I ask where were you?
    That was entirely my bad. Scott had nothing to do with that panel, and I was intending to run it along with Emily. I screwed the pooch and wasn't able to make it.
  • Rym was epic fail yesterday. He totally backed out because he had stock market work to do for his company, and because he didn't feel like going on the train.

And I was all like >:o and he was all like ~_^ and I was all like T_T and he was all like :D and I was all like D:. And finally I was like, oh well, whatcha gonna do. I was bummed, though. I wanted to Karaoke it up after the panel with my friends.
    edited September 2008
    And I was all like >:o and he was all like ~_^ and I was all like T_T and he was all like :D and I was all like D:. And finally I was like, oh well, whatcha gonna do. I was bummed, though. I wanted to Karaoke it up after the panel with my friends.
    *pat pat pat* Posting spree Gomily detected.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Rym = fail.
  • Rym = fail.
    Epically. ^_~
  • Decidedly epic....

Thankfully we caught the Comics for the Manga Fan panel on Saturday. I missed the Gekiga panel since I wussed out and left the city around 6 or 7. Any chance a version of that panel could make it to AnimeNEXT?
  • Any chance a version of that panel could make it to AnimeNEXT?
    What is it with you people and that panel? =P

I was asked by a certain member of the media to film a "definitive" version of it. Maybe that can be arranged someday. (Of course, we have more pressing videos well above that in the queue, so don't hold your breath).
  • It's just that we've all heard of the wonders of the panel that we'd like to see it for ourselves. If we could get Gerald, Daryl & your crew to do the panel... that would be the best.
  • It's just that we've all heard of the wonders of the panel that we'd like to see it for ourselves. If we could get Gerald, Daryl & your crew to do the panel... that would be the best.
    For over a year we ran the panel at numerous conventions. You could have made it to one of them. It's called a convention exclusive. We went to Seattle, you have no excuse. If you have no money, get a job. If you are a punk kid with no money, it won't matter because the panel is 18+.
  • Have somewhat of an excuse as I have a family with much financial responsibility. As a matter of fact one of my kids is another forum member and is old enough to be eligible to go to your Gekiga panel. So, I've got a job but crossing the country to attend a con would be a bit irresponsible on my part.

Me missing it this weekend, however is completely my fault. As I mentioned earlier, I wussed out on Saturday night.