This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PLAYOFFS BABY!

edited September 2008 in Everything Else
In case you didn't know, the Milwaukee Brewers just made the playoffs for the first time in 25 years. It took a win on the last game of the season, coupled with a loss by the Mets. What makes this even more spectacular is the fact that the Brewers were up 5 and a half games a short while ago, only to blow the lead in near-record time. We fired our manager with 12 games left in the season, a questionable move, but in the end it worked. Ryan Braun hit a home run in the 8th inning today to put the Brew Crew ahead for good, and this was on the heels of his walk-off grand slam two nights ago. The night before, Prince Fielder hit a 2-run walk-off home run, and I think he had the game-winning hit the night before that. CC Sabathia went the distance, pitching on 3 days rest, and for the third time in 9 days. Phillies, here we come!
In short, this has been an incredible roller-coaster-ride of a season, especially coming down the home stretch. I don't know if there are any Metropolitans fans here besides Scott, but I feel your pain. For too long I've watched my team toil all summer in vain when October comes around. Now it's our turn!

Comments

• I think I have to, by the rules, say this:
    Go Sox!
  • Congrats. They did better than my Indians :/
  • I'm a Rays man myself. But our fucking television sports station (ESPN International) decided it would be a good idea to show the whole season except for the playoffs. I'm so pissed, have to watch the games using iTunes' thing.
  • edited September 2008
    Congrats. They did better than my Indians :/
    Our Indians won all three games I attended this year, so my job is done. [/ad hoc ergo propter hoc]

Seriously, World Series last year to .503 this year? What is that?
    Post edited by Jason on
  • As a Giants fan, I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting in this thread, except to say go Cubs, at least in the NLDS.
  • Not that I care but the 10 year old baseball fan in me always cheers with the Phillies go from complete suck to almost getting to the world series... I'm sure they will screw up like they always do though :-p
  • Congrats. They did better than my Indians :/
    Thanks for CC, by the way.
  • While of course, I wanted the Mets to win, it's only poetic justice that they choked yet again.

I have to go out and get a new hoodie today.
  • edited September 2008
    I have to go out and get a new hoodie today.
    This is the hardest part of being an Indians fan. The apparel is so ugly that I'm ashamed to wear most of it.

First, red, white, and blue have a certain God-bless-America hick quality. Wearing it, you feel like you've been shopping at Kmart.

Second, Chief Wahoo is a terrible mascot - not because of the "it's wrong to use American Indians as mascots" controversy, but because Wahoo is just a garish and cheesy design.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Go Dodgers! Representing for the NL West.
  • edited September 2008
    I too am a Wisconsinite and I really don't give a crap, unless the Brewers make it to the World Series.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • I too am a Wisconsinite and I really don't give a crap, unless the Brewers make it to the World Series.
    I'm embarrassed to be from the same state as you.
  • edited September 2008
    Opps i made SPLerian erroir. oW BroUght U kry Brought IT!?!?! U Grammar Nazi.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • Opps i made SPLerian erroir. oW BroUght U kry Brought IT!?!?! U Grammar Nazi.
    Sarcastic misspelling went out of style with goatse and "All your base".
  • Go Dodgers! Representing for the NL West.
    Go Cubs! Representing for the San Francisco Giants.
  • Why do you care about the Cubs then? The Brewers have Ray Durham, so you should at least root for him.
    Goatse NEVER goes out of style.
  • Goatse never had style.
    Goatse NEVER goes out of style.
    I will have to agree with this statement!