This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Black Jack

edited September 2008 in Manga/Comics
Got my copy today and words can't describe how awesome it is :D

Comments

• Got my copy today and words can't describe how awesome it is :D
    I got my Astro Boy 1+2 today. I'm going to have to wait an entire month to get my Black Jack. Oh well, it's not like I have a shortage of things to read.
  • I really have no shortage of manga to read (approx 2000+ pages. It's like 10 volumes at this point. Fucking $3 manga sales at cons...). Won't be picking this up for a while.
  • Got my copy today and words can't describe how awesome it is :D
    I got my Astro Boy 1+2 today. I'm going to have to wait an entire month to get my Black Jack. Oh well, it's not like I have a shortage of things to read.
    Astroboy vol 1 and vol 2 are awesome, and I really like the little Tezuka introductions that were written before almost every chapter.
  • I just ordered it via Amazon.
  • Dam'n, and here I am expecting this thread to be about Jack Black. Imagine my disappointment.
  • Dam'n, and here I am expecting this thread to be about Jack Black. Imagine my disappointment.
    I know the feeling, I came into this thread hoping that we'd be discussing the dangers of splitting aces or eights.
  • Take a hint, will ya?
  • edited October 2008
    Got my copy today and words can't describe how awesome it is :D
    Check what version you are getting.Because Vertical, is a tease!
    I already finish the first volume and it is awesome. It has so much heart and interesting stories and I felt satisfied. However, I went to my local today and guess what I saw. I hard cover version of Black Jack volume one. I went and check it out to see what is the different between the hardcover version and the one I own. Besides the fact that is $24 (I pre-order mine the last time the right stuff had a vertical sale) and it has a beautiful cover it has 2 extra stories. I did not read them but I did check their titles: The two Jans and the other one was about a whale.
    On my version there was a reference to "The Two Jans".
    It happens that the normal version is the Japanese edition (in Japan those two stories were cut because they were consider to gruesome) while the hardcover deluxe edition have them appended to the book. I am happy I am getting Black Jack. But I would have being even happier if I would have known this before buying my version.
    The fact that the first volume is hard cover makes me think that the rest of the volumes of the deluxe edition will be that way and will come with awesome extra information (stuff that not even Japan have). I guess I will be getting my next standard edition book next month, I will read it and it will be awesome. Then I will see the hardcover version and I will see the awesome stuff that it comes with. Then I will sell my two copies and I will get the hardcover ones and from then on I will only get the deluxe edition.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I ordered the hard cover editions for volumes 1 and 2 of Black Jack. It looks to me like with volume 3 there are no more hardcovers, and it will all be soft cover. This is good because it means you can get some extras, but you then you can get the whole series without paying a lot of money for all hardcover books.