This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 081009 - Sandwiches

Comments

• Actually, the food pyramid has changed, so fruits and veggies are more important than grain now.
    Listen up, commie: This is AMERICA. The land of...

...Shitty graphic design. :/
  • Listen up, commie: This isAMERICA. The land of...
    What kind of country is that? Don't you mean AMERICA?
  • I don't care about those new food pyramids. The original one is right. The new ones are wrong.
  • And now for the news:

Game not Over - Karl Merk Rearmed
  • My favorite sandwich is a pimento cheese sandwich with a bowl of tomato soup. The soup sandwich is a very important subset of the greater sandwich species.
  • The original one is right. The new ones are wrong.
    How so?
    How so?
    Rule 11023 section f.
    How so?
    Rule 11023 section f.
    Ahh.. the "Because I say so" clause.
  • There's that many damn rules? To what??

I hate your pyramids anyway. They're not cool like OUR rainbow. Stupid AMERICA. >:(
  • Call me weird, but I enjoy peanut butter and onion sandwiches myself.

By the way, has anybody ever had a chip butty? I had one when I visited England and now I can't eat french fries any other way.
  • Oh the tuner forum is so painful. It hurts my guts. Just give half of those parts and the rest in money to a professional and you would get more power in a trustworthy car.
  • "Get a job" reminded me of the South Park episode with the "Gubacks" from the future. "They took our job!"
  • My normal sandwich includes: Wheat bread, sweet ham, pepperoni, colby jack cheese, crushed potato chips, whatever crunchy vegetables I have aroung and some sort of condiment.

I am also a sucker for a "pizza sub." Basically you take any topping that would be on a pizza sans dough and put it on the sandwich, add pizza sauce, then you heat it up with some mozzarella cheese, or my personal favorite muenster. Yum!
  • My sandwiches must have whole jalapenos and crusty breads.
  • The scariest thing about that Eclipse is he made his own clutch and drilled holes in his flywheel. He could seriously die, Darwin would be proud.
  • I don't care about those new food pyramids. The original one is right. The new ones are wrong.
    I don't care about your germ theory. Homeopathy is right. New medicines are wrong.
  • I don't care about your germ theory. Homeopathy is right. New medicines are wrong.
    The grain-centric nutrition chart seems to be the most accurate in terms of healthy living. I partly blame the "Atkins" craze for helping push these changes through.
  • edited October 2008
    I agree. I do the grain centric way of living, and as healthy as a horse; a slightly overweight horse, but a horse is a horse (of course, of course).
    And didn't Atkins die a while back?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I agree. I do the grain centric way of living, and as healthy as a horse; a slightly overweight horse, but a horse is a horse (of course, of course).
    And didn't Atkins die a while back?
    Yes, happily. Though I think most of the changes Rym is referring to happened before that.
  • And didn't Atkins die a while back?
    Via Wiki: On April 8, 2003, at age 72, Dr. Atkins slipped on the ice while walking to work, hitting his head and causing bleeding around his brain. He lost consciousness on the way to the hospital, where he spent two weeks in intensive care. His body deteriorated rapidly and he suffered massive organ failure.
    Via Wiki: On April 8, 2003, at age 72, Dr. Atkins slipped on the ice while walking to work, hitting his head and causing bleeding around his brain. He lost consciousness on the way to the hospital, where he spent two weeks in intensive care. His body deteriorated rapidly and he suffered massive organ failure.
    Whoa, I thought he meant the diet fad. It sucks that the guy died. >_>
  • Best sandwich I've made had tomato, grilled turkey, mushrooms, pickles, Swiss and a buttery herb cheese I can't remember. Put it all on some onion-and-garlic focaccia, added hot salsa, mustard, and tossed it in a pizza oven for a few minutes.
    Best use of my one free meal a day at work.
    Whoa, I thought he meant the diet fad. It sucks that the guy died. >_>
    No, I meant Dr.Atkins. The diet lives on.
  • Potbelly's Sandwich shop just opened, not bad but not good either it is above subway and quiznos by far
  • edited October 2008
    What about Quizno's. And my sandwich of choice is the meat ball and I know people who work at subway and when I go there they pile on the balls.
    Post edited by laik on
  • Oh damn. I don't think Australia really has these kinds of awesome sandwich places. I mean, from Rym's description the ONLY thing I think of is Subway.
    Please, someone from Australia, correct me! Other than that, I'm really going to have to look harder. This episode made me so hungry.
  • What about Quizno's. And my sandwich of choice is the meat ball and I know people who work at subway and when I go there they pile on the balls.
    Quizno's is a tiny step up from Subway. Their big shtick is they toast all the sandwiches.
  • Hot dogs are considered sandwiches right? I got some different sandwiches to show you guys. You get these here usually before you go home from some kind of party, club or bar.
    The bases for all of them is stick fries (crunchy little french fries), mozzarella cheese, garlic sauce, bacon and one kind of other meat of choice.
    hot dog and bacon,sausage,sausage,stick fries cheese and corn
    This is: hot dog and sausage.
    sausage and bacon,stick fries and mozzarella cheese
    Just sausage.
    stick fries, chicken and cheese
    Chicken.
    We had them yesterday and I don't recall having anything like that anywhere else, so I kind of felt like posting them here.
  • American food worries the hell out of me.
  • Those hot dogs look like they might kill me if I eat them. Still, I want a bite.