This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 081009 - Sandwiches

124»

Comments

• I have mostly abandoned pb&j; in favor of CC&J.; It's just so much more tasty.
    I'm quite fond of PB&CC;, myself. :)
    Does it taste anything like PB and Fluff?
  • Not sure. I've never actually had Marshmallow Fluff. ^^; But whatever it tastes like, it's a damn good taste as far as I'm concerned.
  • Then today I shall have one for lunch.
  • Guess what, The PB completely over powers the Cream Cheese! This sucks.
  • We'll that's why the popular choice is PB&J or CC&J.
  • Right. Peanut butter is banned from my mouth from now on unless its in brittle form.
  • Lately my boyfriend and I have been purchasing deli meats and eating sammiches throughout the week for a cheap meal. We've been using Dave's Killer Bread either the Good Seed or 21 Grain variety.

As for deli meats we use honey ham, corned beef, pastrami, and most recently deep fried turkey. For cheese we mainly use colby jack. As for dressings, we use mustard and mayo.

We sometimes add a tomato or lettuce for veggies, but I was wondering are there any suggestions of any improvements to be added to the sammich to have an even tastier-delicious experience?
  • The non-subway sandwich shop at my school has this one sandwich they call cranberry turkey.

I call it "thanksgiving in your mouth".
  • Lately my boyfriend and I have been purchasing deli meats and eating sammiches throughout the week for a cheap meal. We've been using Dave's Killer Bread either the Good Seed or 21 Grain variety.

As for deli meats we use honey ham, corned beef, pastrami, and most recently deep fried turkey. For cheese we mainly use colby jack. As for dressings, we use mustard and mayo.

We sometimes add a tomato or lettuce for veggies, but I was wondering are there any suggestions of any improvements to be added to the sammich to have an even tastier-delicious experience?
    Buy a jar of pesto and hit one side of the bread with it + avocado mayo.
  • edited May 2011
    The non-subway sandwich shop at my school has this one sandwich they call cranberry turkey.

A lot of sandwich shops around here, including the D'Angelo's chain, sell a similar sandwich. They even go out of their way to call it the "Thanksgiving" sandwich, although they often have stuffing in addition to the cranberry and turkey.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • All very good ideas. I remember making tuna fish with pesto and dried cranberries.

I will have to concoct a pesto cranberry dressing/spread.
  • edited May 2011
    I like adding grilled veggies, humus, or flavored mustard/mayonnaise(aioli) to sandwiches. I specifically attempt to choose bread, cheese, veggie (or fruit), and dressing choices based around bringing different flavors out in the meat.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • My favorite way to easily add a bit of extra awesome to my sandwiches is either by adding a fried egg on top, or just make it into a grilled cheese version of itself. Ham and cheese? Boring. Grilled ham and cheese with a fried egg? Delicious.
  • One of my favorite sandwiches to make at my job is the Jesse's Favorite. It is grilled tofu with fakin bacon on this awesome toasted whole wheat with nayo and tomatoes fresh greens.
  • edited May 2011
    The non-subway sandwich shop at my school has this one sandwich they call cranberry turkey.

Where else would your thanksgiving dinner go?

A lot of sandwich shops around here, including the D'Angelo's chain, sell a similar sandwich. They even go out of their way to call it the "Thanksgiving" sandwich, although they often have stuffing in addition to the cranberry and turkey.
    The only problem is many of these sandwiches are soggy and kinda gross.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • YouTube took me to a sandwich video today and thought of this thread.

• edited December 2016
    I made a panini with the following:
    Hearty, but soft wheat bread
    Cranberry chutney or dried cranberries
    Tart apple slices
    Fresh Spinach (use more than you think is prudent)
    Brie (mild)

Side:
    Rocket salad with balsamic vingarette
  • I made a panini with the following:
    Hearty, but soft wheat bread
    Cranberry chutney or dried cranberries
    Tart apple slices
    Fresh Spinach (use more than you think is prudent)
    Brie (mild)

Side:
    Rocket salad with balsamic vingarette

No photo? :(
  • edited December 2016
    sK0pe said:

No photo? :(

Cruddy kitchen lighting would have made the food look unappetizing. It's a panini and salad. It looked how one would think it would look.