This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Excellent pose reference site.

edited July 2008 in Art!
I was pretty impressed by this site. More importantly, it's free!

Pose Maniacs

Comments

• That's rather nifty. I especially like the fact that many of them are done from unusual angles (it's no full 3D rotation, but that's still obscure/hard on the web, so I won't blame them.)

You answered my dilemma unknowingly! *does happy dance around you*
  • That looks pretty cool.

Even though I am not an artist. ^-^
  • Incidentally, what I'm doing to get images from the site I can draw over for best results is going to the full-screen view of the pose, capturing the screen, and pasting it into Adobe.
  • Thanks. I've been looking for a page like that for awhile.
  • Wow, this is super helpful. Some of the poses are really cool; I'm gonna have to try drawing them now! Thanks for sharing it, Adam.
  • I've been aware of Posemanics for quite a while, but I finally got around to spending some time drawing with it. I did the 30-second pose thing. My assessment: It's useful for doing a lot of quick gesture drawings as practice. The poses are very natural, and I suspect they may be mo-capped. On some of the more extreme poses, the geometry gets tweaked and weird -- I certainly wouldn't use it to study anatomy, and I wouldn't use it more than loosely as a reference for an illustration. Still -- good practice, and fun.
  • Seeing a human in muscle only form makes it really hard to not consider us as just meat with personality.
  • Seeing a human in muscle only form makes it really hard to not consider us as just meat with personality.
    One of the reasons I don't eat meat. :)
    As opposed to?
    As opposed to?
    magical glowing balls of hope and compassion (also, love).
  • edited October 2008
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Relevant hilarity.
    "They talk by flapping their meat at each other." Delicious.