This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Who is Bansky?

edited October 2008 in Art!
I tripped over this while perusing the interwebs. I realized that I'd seen some of this guy's work before, but I didn't know just how much he'd produced or how (in)famous he was. Here's a link to a pretty comprehensive article on him, and a pic.

Link

Comments

• edited October 2008
    I suggest you take a look at his book "Wall and Peace", it's a pretty comprehensive look at what he's done. It would be nice if England had legalized graffiti like parts of Europe do.
    Anyone have any graffiti they'd like to discuss?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • There are places around this city who sell canvas prints of Banksy's work, and they claim copyright not over the work, but over the pictures they supposedly took of the work. I've been toying with the idea of Grassing them to Banksy via his website, but on the flip side, I want to get something cool to hang on my wall first.
  • Never thought people around here would be into graffiti.
    There are places around this city who sell canvas prints of Banksy's work, and they claim copyright not over the work, but over the pictures they supposedly took of the work. I've been toying with the idea of Grassing them to Banksy via his website, but on the flip side, I want to get something cool to hang on my wall first.
    You can always make your own, its easy.
    I suggest you take a look at his book "Wall and Peace", it's a pretty comprehensive look at what he's done. It would be nice if England had legalized graffiti like parts of Europe do.
    Anyone have any graffiti they'd like to discuss?
    I have that one and Existencilism along with some Shepard Fairey books and others.

• You can always make your own, its easy.
    Well, to be fair, these are some pretty high quality canvas prints - And I do not have the money or tools to make my own, even if I got someone else to print one up.
  • edited October 2008
    Rasterbator + Paper --> Design
    Cardboard + Design + Stanley knife --> Template
    Template + Paint + Wall --> Art

Oh, if you just want the picture:
    Rasterbator + Paper + Bluetack/Tape --> ???? --> Underpants --> Profit
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • C'mon:

-transparency film about $10 a box
    -Xacto Knife < $5
    -Can of spray Paint < $1
    -Pre-Stretched Canvas < $6 (depending on size)
    -Some printer paper and ink to print out design = almost free
    -A bit of spare time

Its less than $25 and most of the material is reusable. I would recommend a respirator (not a dust mask) if your work space is anything less than open space (thats like $35)
  • I would recommend a respirator regardless. Lungs ain't cheap.
  • I would recommend a respirator regardless. Lungs ain't cheap.
    I know, I also use latex gloves and eye protection most of the time, but most people would think that's overkill.
  • Rasterbator
    Teehee.
  • Rasterbator
    Teehee.
    Orly? You should take at the Rasterbation Gallery.
  • Banksy is mad awesome, I saw some of his stuff in London when I was there, and the dorm I live in has replications of his designs painted on the walls.
  • Rasterbator
    Teehee.
    Orly? You should take at theRasterbation Gallery.
    I'm currently working on a rasterbated weighted companion cube to cover one of my dorm room walls. Suffice to say, it will be awesome.
  • Hmm.. Imperial Boy wallpaper..
  • Hmm.. Imperial Boy wallpaper..
    Dang, I hadn't thought about that one yet. I rasterbated the full version of my avatar. :D Look at all the pretty dots. Have yet to print and tape it though. But now I'm tempted to find the biggest and most awesome wallpaper I have and rasterbate that to epic size.
  • Rasterbator
    Teehee.
    Orly? You should take at the Rasterbation Gallery.
    I’ve used this program before too. But I really don’t like this technique. Rasterbator makes posters with big dots. Now I use this poster creator to print big images. It doesn’t change the input image and print it with high quality.