This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

October pre-order

edited October 2008 in Manga/Comics
Here's my October order for comics that will arrive in December. Post yours!

MPD PSYCHO TP VOL 08 (C: 0-1-2)
WILL EISNERS LAST DAY IN VIETNAM GN (STAR11500) (MR)
SPIRIT TP VOL 03
HOUSE OF MYSTERY TP VOL 01 ROOM AND BOREDOM (MR) *Special Discount*
TRANSHUMAN TP VOL 01 (C: 0-1-2) *Special Discount*
INFINITY CRUSADE TP VOL 01
INFINITY WAR TP (JAN062102)
Mercury & The Murd: The Collected Edition Vol. 1 *Special Discount**Free Print Sketch*
MANZAI COMICS GN VOL 01 (OF 3) (C: 0-1-2)
DRAFTED TP VOL 02
COMPLETE CHESTER GOULDS DICK TRACY HC VOL 06
ATOMIC ROBO DOGS OF WAR #5 (OF 5)
INITIAL D GN VOL 33 (OF 37)
TEZUKAS BLACK JACK PX HC VOL 03 (C: 0-1-2)

I realized while doing this order that I somehow forgot to order Dick Tracy HC 5 and Spirit TP 2. I don't think it will be a problem to go back and get them, though.

Comments

• You just reminded me to place my order. Just started the using DCB Service last month and I like the website just hope I like the service.
    I've been enjoying House of Mystery.
  • My order in a second, but I must make a recommendation for one of the best books I have read this year. I got an early copy from the publisher and it is excellent.

QUEST FOR MISSING GIRL (MR) (C: 0-0-1)
    by Jiro Taniguchi. Mountaineer Shiga made a promise to his best friend following his tragic death in the Himalayas. Twelve years later and he is called upon to honor that promise. But if the Mountains are unforgiving, then the City is treacherous! So, when Shiga comes down from his Mountain refuge to look for his friend's missing daughter Megumi, all he finds is trouble! Twice Eisner-nominated Taniguchi builds the tension to a massive climax in this exciting drama.
    Product Code: OCT084157 (FANFARE / PONENT MON)

Ok, on to my order...

CONTINUITY GN
    GETTYSBURG GN
    MISS DONT TOUCH ME GN
    TEZUKAS BLACK JACK PX HC VOL 03
    WILL EISNERS HAWKS OF THE SEAS HC

Have you heard good things about that Manzai Comics GN or are you just buying it because of the blurb on DCBS?
  • Have you heard good things about that Manzai Comics GN or are you just buying it because of the blurb on DCBS?
    I'm buying it because it has the word Manzai in the title. Also, what you think is a blurb from DCBS is not a blurb from DCBS. It's the solicitation from Previews, the horrible gigantic catalog of evil.
  • Also, what you think is a blurb from DCBS is not a blurb from DCBS. It's the solicitation from Previews, the horrible gigantic catalog of evil.
    I didn't say it was a blurb from DCBS.

I know the whole Diamond monopoly sucks, but it does make it easy to find out what is coming out each month.
  • ATE GALAXY GIRL #2 of 3
    INCOGNITO #1
    MISTER X CONDEMNED #1
    NORTHLANDERS TP
    NYC MECH VOL 1 LETS ELECTRIFY TP
    RUNAWAYS 3 #4
    RUNAWAYS 3 #5
    SECRET INVASION #8
    TRUE STORY SWEAR TO GOD ARCHIVES TP VOL 01
    VIGILANTE #1
    WARREN ELLIS APPARAT TP
    WIND RAIDER
    WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ #1
    YTHAQ FORSAKEN WORLD #1
    ZEN INTERGALACTIC NINJA #1

Has any one NYC Mech and have any opinions? The preview said hardboiled and I have been on a kick for that kind of writing. Currently reading a collection of Dashiell Hammett Black Mask stories.
  • I wish I had money for DCBS...Such is the life of a high school student.
  • I'm not using DCBS...but some of the stuff I plan on buying this month:
    1. Astral Project vol 1
    2. Vagabond Vizbig vol 1