This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NaNoWriMo

Comments

• If anyone's looking for another buddy, I'm here. I feel like I'm building the airplane as it taxis towards the runway, so this should be fun.

• You know what comes next.
  • You know, I never understood those artsy films. The artist says there's a message, but, really, I never see it.
  • You know, I never understood those artsy films. The artist says there's a message, but, really, I never see it.
    Apparently that video is from The Ring. I've never seen The Ring, but the premise is that after watching that video, you die seven days later. I think you can figure out the rest.
  • edited October 2008
    Oh really? huh. Sounds like a stupid movie to me. I mean, you already know they're gonna die.
    EDIT: Correction. After reading the wikipedia article, I found its actually stupider.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • When I realized that NaNo starts in seven days, this was the first thing I thought of. My brain connects the dots in strange ways sometimes, which can lead me to tell really odd jokes. Sorry if it confused people.
  • Man, I dearly wish I had the time for this. I tried it once a couple of years ago, but with my schedule I couldn't keep up.
  • Man, I dearly wish I had the time for this. I tried it once a couple of years ago, but with my schedule I couldn't keep up.
    I just remembered that it was the link from your blog on Applegeeks that pointed me to NaNo in the first place.
    I just remembered that it was the link from your blog on Applegeeks that pointed me to NaNo in the first place.
    Hah! You're famous, Ananth.
  • NaNoWriMo starts today!

I've signed up, but unfortunately November is turning into my busiest month for the entire year. I've taken time off work for the whole month as I'm currently doing a German language course, which is taking up about four and a half hours of every week day. Every Saturday I'm teaching a 6 hour course, which also takes up time between Saturdays to prepare the 6 hours of material. I also have other writing to do, writing I'm actually paid for, so that will come first.

So, to make time I'm going to streamline my consumption of internet entertainment. I'm deleting 90% of my blog feeds, and removing forums such as this one from my list of home pages. I'll bookmark just this thread to keep track of other NaNoWriMoers.

See you in December!
  • 2220 words by midnight on the first day. Would have had more, but it was chores day, and then my brother wanted to watch Akira with me. XD;; I think I'm off to an all right start, though. Writing computer dialogue does wonders for word count padding, and it doesn't feel like a cheap trick either!
  • Okay, time to get crackin! *cracks neck, knuckles, and back* Okay, LETS GO!
  • I feel kinda stupid: I forgot all about it and wasted an entire day.

I don't have a plot. x3 Let's see how this goes!
  • Eryn, what is your NaNoWriMo user name so I can add you as a buddy? Mine is lukeburrage.
  • NNWM names in IDShare?
  • I think you already got me, Luke. My NaNo name is Tenchi Kaze. Also, I got you back. ;)
  • edited November 2008
    Wooooo! I started! Granted, I only have 200-some words right now, but it will grow. I think my biggest problem is going to be sacrificing quality in favor of quantity, but we'll see. At least I have no job right now, so I have oodles of free time XP

Please add me as a NaNo friend! Here's my user page: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/450759
    Good luck everyone!
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • I only have 200-some words right now,
    Ugh, the second day is already halfway. You need to write 1667 words a day on average if you want to make the goal of 50k words.
  • I won't have time to participate this year, but I'll get it next time around.

My only request is that somebody, at some point in their work, use the word "defenestrate" in a sentence.
  • edited November 2008
    Will do, Sir WhaleShark! I've already committed to including a pleisiosaur at some point in my novel; what's one more dare? ;)

Also, 6084 so far on the second day. We'll see if I feel like writing more later tonight.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I really need to sit down and write.
  • I really need to sit down and write about zombies.
  • edited November 2008
    I have now used the word defenestrate, and included a brief excerpt from a radio show called NewsNights featuring Brandon and Rubin. Subtle, eh?
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I really need to sit down and writeabout zombies.
    Hehe, actually, no. I've got to choose between a cross-universe explorer or me repelling the yakuza from my university.
  • edited November 2008
    My NaNo takes place in a setting where everyone (except some members of the staff, who are never seen) is female. I have set the following OH-SO-CLEVERLY-MODIFIED-HARDY-HAR-HAR names aside for when I need quick side/throwaway characters with names:

- Ryn Schezar
    - Skye Apreche
    - Emilia Gomez
    - Alissa Graffeo
    - Geraldine "Gerry" Rathkolb
    - Daria Surat
    - Paula Chapman
    - Seanna Hunting
    - Davina Riley
    - Joelle White
    Post edited by Eryn on
    edited November 2008
    Hehe, actually, no. I've got to choose between a cross-zombie-universe zombie explorer or zombie me repelling the zombie yakuza from my zombie university. zombie
    :D?

@Eryn, awesome, but you forgot zombie Sonic! *grins*
    Post edited by ... on
  • My only request is that somebody, at some point in their work, use the word "defenestrate" in a sentence.
    Heh. I already have a character throwing himself out the window in the first paragraph. I'll see what I can do.
  • I'll be starting mine after the election just too much to do in the next couple of days
  • I would also like to request the (correct) usage of semicolons, and lots of them; far too often is this handy piece of punctuation ignored in favor of more ham-fisted options.