This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gon

edited November 2008 in Manga/Comics
I started "reading" this manga about a year ago. This manga is the meaning of "A picture is worth more than a thousand words". It is beautifully illustrated and it brought tears to my eyes in more than one occasion. It is a beautiful piece of art, and from my point of view it is as good as any Osamu Tezuka manga.
Also, it is super cheap.

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Little T-Rex, watch out!
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Little T-Rex, watch out!
    I think you have it the other way around
  • Gon was my boy in Tekken 3. I really miss college fighting game parties. That's all the genre is good for, in my opinion.
  • Gon was my boy in Tekken 3. I really miss college fighting game parties. That's all the genre is good for, in my opinion.
    My friends outside of college play fighting games but none of them take it seriously enough to get any good at them. As soon as I leave campus my copy of Brawl becomes a paper weight. *sigh* The problem of practicing at a game; if you become to good relative to the people around you ruin the game for yourself.

As for the topic on hand has anyone else read this? I want to get more opinions before I invest time and money.
    My friends outside of college play fighting games but none of them take it seriously enough to get any good at them. As soon as I leave campus my copy of Brawl becomes a paper weight. *sigh* The problem of practicing at a game; if you become to good relative to the people around you ruin the game for yourself.

As for the topic on hand has anyone else read this? I want to get more opinions before I invest time and money.
    You don't read it :P

You don't read it :P
    Like Owly but awesomer?
  • You know, I look at that picture and the first thought that came to my mind was "That tiger has no idea what he's getting into." That Dino looks so badass.
  • You know, I look at that picture and the first thought that came to my mind was "That tiger has no idea what he's getting into." That Dino looks so badass.
    But cute, hence deserves rooting and help! LOOK OUT!
  • The T-rex is saying ether:

"Oh no you Didn't!"
    or
    "With the power of stare I will explode your mind!

MIND EXPLOSION"
  • The T-rex is saying ether:

"Oh no you Didn't!"
    or
    "With the power of stare I will explode your mind!

MIND EXPLOSION"
    It looks more like "I'm going to fuck you up."
  • I'd have to go with "I'm going to fuck you up."
  • The chibi-dino looks more out of place than anything. It clashes with the rest of the art.
  • The chibi-dino looks more out of place than anything. It clashes with the rest of the art.
    Actually, that's part of Gon's charm. He's totally ridiculous while also being adorable and totally hardcore.

Gon is fun but I wouldn't put it up there with Tezuka... I've only read the first volume though. Perhaps it gets better. I can't imagine shedding a tear over any of the content in the volume I read.
  • I picture one of those Nibbler moments where the little t-rex just swallows the tiger and burps contentedly.
  • After getting the first volume from the library, I can safely say that Gon is the biggest badass in the world.
  • After getting the first volume from the library, I can safely say that Gon is the biggest badass in the world.
    Like, Kenshiro he is a badass with a heart of gold :D