This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Death Note Movies!

RymRym
edited January 2006 in Manga/Comics
There are going to be two Death Note movies.

I'm glad they're going with movies, as opposed to a full fledged TV series. Most of the manga is silent introspection and thought dialogue, which wouldn't seem to lend itself to a show. A movie can condense a lot of that and take more liberties without angering the fans.

Comments

• cool!!!!
  • edited October 2006
    Is there going to be an anime movie also? I know there is a live action one.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Is there going to be an anime movie also?Iknow there is a live action one.
    It is not planned, and I wouldn't know why they would as deviating from the manga doesn't seem to be the anime's style..
  • edited October 2006
    It was not so good. The lighting is bad, Light's character is woefully miscast, and there is shaky handheld work. You think movie Light is a nicer guy, but oh, you wait, you wait. He is by far a worse bastard than the manga. As far as the visuals of the film, mood wise, what I expected was a thunderstorm, what I got was a drizzle. The difference in atmosphere was something like that.

All and all it was frustrating, but not the worst thing ever. For people new to deathnote, it is tolerable, but fans of the manga will be sad.

L was okay, though...
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • It was not so good. The lighting is bad, Light's character is woefully miscast, and there is shaky handheld work. You think movie Light is a nicer guy, but oh, you wait, you wait. He is by far a worse bastard than the manga. As far as the visuals of the film, mood wise, what I expected was a thunderstorm, what I got was a drizzle. The difference in atmosphere was something like that.

All and all it was frustrating, but not the worst thing ever. For people new to deathnote, it is tolerable, but fans of the manga will be sad.

L was okay, though...
    Aww...That's unfortunate, gomidog. There arn't fansubs yet, are there? I think that the dvd was going to be out on OCT 28...