This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Business Cards" for my Band

edited November 2008 in Art!
I just wanted to ask you guys what you think/ if you have any advice. I'm a complete newbie to Photoshop...

Comments

• Look for another font for the numbers.

Free Fonts
  • edited November 2008
    Look for another font for the numbers.

Even better?

Or with staves?
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • If I had to go with one, I'd go with the one in the middle, remember, the first objective of a business card, is to inform, so, information should be as clear as possible, and although its clear in the screen, it wont be in print.
  • edited November 2008
    The placement of words seems a bit lopsided. Try moving the contact info down and the "Maximillian" part over to the left and down a bit. Make the band name bigger and have it fill the top of the card, as it is the only part that needs to grab attention, have it as the only one with a complex font.

If you post the background image and link to the fonts you're using, I'll do some layouts for you.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2008
  • edited November 2008
    I'm giving it a shot but I think the font you have chosen is really not suited for small print. If you want to do big and shouty I would use graphics or have serif text with a layer below it in a different colour with lots going on but not obscuring the text.

Edit: I take it you mean IWYC.music@gmail.com
  • edited November 2008
    Here you go:
    Edit: Added Phone number.
  • Thanks, could you maybe upload or send me the .psd?
  • edited November 2008
    I'm using PagePlus, is a PDF ok?
  • Never mind, I'll figure it out... ^^
  • edited November 2008
    With your ideas as the basis, my new design! ^^

A lot friendlier I think.
  • edited November 2008
    I think the slant is a bit too severe. I guess it's the blank space at the top right putting me off, but perhaps it doesn't matter.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2008
    I think the slant is a bit too severe. I guess it's the blank space at the top right putting me off, but perhaps it doesn't matter.
    You may be right, but I thought the contrast would make the band name itself stand out more.

Edit:

Maybe a little Treble Clef?

An attempt *shrug*
  • Whatever you do, make the back of your card white and empty. This is where you'll be writing down other details, or where other people can write stuff when they take the card. The worst possible thing is to give someone a card, them want to write down more information, and then you have to scrabble for another piece of paper.

The last one above is, in my opinion, the first one which looks professional enough to use. I would add a website though. With a website, all other information can be provided. With email or phone they might not bother getting in contact just to find out more. Also, after printing a thousand you'll only go and get a new mobile number...
  • That's a keeper.
  • I agree. The last one looks the best in my opinion.
  • edited November 2008
    Where's the phone number in the last one?

Add it in, and it's perfect.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • I added the phone number, cropped the card to German print size and exchanged the treble clef with a mix tape, since you can see it more clearly and it also fits better to the bands "image". ^^

Final thoughts? :]
  • Go with it. Looks like you have very little white space, your band's name is nice and large, and you have all the proper contact info.