This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

michiko to hatchin: kicking ass and chewing gum.

edited August 2008 in Anime
CTXpF96cEN0
Michiko and Hatchin
I'm very excited about this anime. Done by manglobe (Ergo Proxy, Samurai Champloo) and produced by Shinichiro Watanabe of Bebop fame, set in some sort of South American setting, like an alternate universe Brazil, this anime looks pretty cool! "Michiko is a free-willed "sexy diva" who destroys a supposedly inescapable fortress, while Hatchin is a girl fleeing her strict foster parents. The two join forces on an improbable escape to freedom."

Maybe awesome? y/n?

Comments

• Sounds promising. I'll have to check out the vids when I get home.
  • edited August 2008
    Maybe awesome? y/n.
    When does it start?
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • October.
  • Looks interesting. I'll definitely have to remember to check it out.

It seems to me like some of the designs, (characters, and vehicles,) have sort of a Miyazaki/Ghibli look to them.
  • Movie or Series?

Either way, looks awesome.
  • Series, I think.

This show looks so badass, October can NOT come soon enough.
  • Gomidog showed us this last night. I'm excited. ^_^
  • Awesome? Yes.
  • To those that have watched any of the fansubbed episodes released so far, what are your impressions?
    Personally, I'm not very impressed by the show, but then again, I didn't really like Cowboy Bebop either.
  • One episode in, I'm very exited about this show. It's probably the best thing out in the season.
  • One episode in, I'm very exited about this show. It's probably the best thing out in the season.
    Three episodes have already been subbed. I haven't bothered watching the second and third. Thanks for the thread bump, it reminded me to go watch them.
  • edited November 2008
    Having only watched the first episode, I'm not sure. The first episode is essentially GIRL'S FAMILY = BAD! repeated about 50 times so that we are sure to learn how each character is shitty to her in their own particular way. That said, there was very little plot or characterization to speak of. The setting and music are good, so I'll keep watching, but I don't share the general enthusiasm about this show.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Three episodes? I could only get ahold of one. Pretty good though! Looking forward to seeing more.

I think you may have missed the rest of the implications and just focused on the very surface stuff, Exarion. There was a good bit of setup and a good hook. We got background on the two main characters, questions to answer in the rest of the series, and some badass motorcycle scenes.
  • I agree with Nuri.

On a side note, I wish I had recorded Scott watching the episode. He wanted the little girl to kill the bratty kids so badly, and he wouldn't shut up the whole time we were watching the show.

Scott: "Kick her in the face! Kill her! Burn the house down! There's fire on the wall! Grab that and burn the house!"
    Emily: Does he get like this when watching Cinderella, too?
    edited November 2008
    Three episodes? I could only get ahold of one. Pretty good though! Looking forward to seeing more.
    Don't get a hold of a Spanish fansub for episode two and three though, unlike some other member. *cracks up again* I watched episode 2 last night, kinda wasted my time doing nothing before that so had no time to watch the third episode. But it was fun. We get a bunch of action and some more introduction. I do think the action is kinda weak, or at least at the beginning it is. Also the animated talking and voices feel to be horribly out of synch (even more so than the standard meat flapping in anime).
    Scott: "Kick her in the face! Kill her! Burn the house down! There's fire on the wall! Grab that and burn the house!"
    Emily: Does he get like this when watching Cinderella, too?
    Oh mans. Silly, silly Scott. I agree with the kick in the face, though the punching in the face fulfilled that.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I share Scott's feelings on the matter. I was yelling the same things inside my head. She totally should have burned the house down.
  • I share Scott's feelings on the matter. I was yelling the same things inside my head. She totally should have burned the house down.
    Yeah, there was a part where she was upstairs alone in the hallway, and there were candles on the walls. It would have been all too easy.
  • edited November 2008
    On a side note, I wish I had recorded Scott watching the episode. He wanted the little girl to kill the bratty kids so badly, and he wouldn't shut up the whole time we were watching the show
    I watched the show by myself, but I was thinking those exact things. I was so happy when she finally stood up to that girl. I kept thinking, "Keep doing it!"

I have episodes 2 and 3 waiting for me to watch them. I'll try to catch up tonight.

Is it just me, but doesn't the opening seem Lupin-esqe?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I watched the show by myself, but I was thinking those exact things. I was so happy when she finally stood up to that girl. I kept thinking, "Keep doing it!"
    Yeah, she had that iron right there, and she didn't even use it at all.
  • I watched the show by myself, but I was thinking those exact things. I was so happy when she finally stood up to that girl. I kept thinking, "Keep doing it!"
    God, why would she have to be cruel! Hatchin's only a child, the good child even. Retaliation, justified, revenge, not needed/might be the rest of the show.
    They needed her to be a sympathetic character, not an antihero.