This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Arrested Development!

edited November 2008 in Movies
You might wonder why did I put Arrested Development in the movies category. Well it is because it will be a movie.
Can't wait for it :D

Comments

• I never really thought this show was funny =/
  • The show was alright. I'd see this movie.
    You have no soul.
    Get the hell off my Internet.

What didn't you like about it? I'm curious.
  • edited November 2008
    I never really thought this show was funny =/
    [GOB]COME ON! You have made a huge mistake.[/GOB]
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited November 2008
    What didn't you like about it? I'm curious.
    I saw a few episodes and didn't really laugh. The guy who does magic is sorta funny, I guess.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Jason just made me watch two episodes. The show is witty and there's a few good parts in each episode, but I really just can't get into it.
  • Jason just made me watch two episodes. The show is witty and there's a few good parts in each episode, but I really just can't get into it.
    Well, I don't want to blame it all on 9/11, but it certainly didn't help.
    I just saw Sail friend a man named William Ayers on facebook...
  • edited November 2008
    I just saw Sail friend a man named William Ayers on facebook...
    Slanderous lies. Jason and Andrew, they're in it together.

And by "it" I mean bed.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Steve Holt!
  • Steve Holt!
    Beatrice!
  • Slanderous lies. Jason and Andrew, they're in it together.

And by "it" I mean bed.
    Sail, you are quite the cupid! You can stick an arrow in my buttocks any time.
    Wow, even Scott Rubin likes this show.
  • Sail said he was disappointed it didn't have any "big jokes." I showed him Visiting Ours (1x06) and Good Grief (2x04). He liked the Peanuts gags and the Saddam-in-a-spiderhole spoof in the latter. But I think he was waiting for punchlines followed by a laugh track.
  • Illusions, dad! You don't care about my illusions!
  • edited November 2008
    Slanderous lies. Jason and Andrew, they're in it together.

And by "it" I mean bed.
    Now, now. Don't make jokes about my analrapist and me.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • It's not the pronunciation that bothers me.
  • Man, this thread reminded me that I still haven't watched all of this show. To Hulu!
  • This thread made me want to go back and watch some. I kinda forgot some of those awesome moments.
  • This show is funny for the same reasons that The Royal Tenenbaums was funny. I've only seen the first three episodes, and I'm hooked.
  • Arrested Development was fun - not amazing, but fun. Mr. MacRoss didn't like it.
  • This thread made me want to go back and watch some. I kinda forgot some of those awesome moments.
    You just need to remember lines like "MR F" to go back and smile :D
  • Arrested Development was fun - not amazing, but fun. Mr. MacRoss didn't like it.
    Really? I contend it was the best sitcom ever aired.
    You are entitled to the wrong opinion.
  • You are entitled to the wrong opinion.
    Name a better one. ;^)
  • edited November 2008
    Arrested Development was fun - not amazing, but fun. Mr. MacRoss didn't like it.
    You are entitled to the wrong opinion.
    Hey, that's my line!

Really, though, I can't think of any sitcoms with better writing, delivery, or characters. It may not be the best television show ever, but sitcom? Name a better one.

EDIT: Goddammit, Rym.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Arrested Development is quite awesome, but the movie will likely be hampered by the fact that Michael Cera's in too many goddamn movies.
  • Sail said he was disappointed it didn't have any "big jokes." I showed him Visiting Ours (1x06) and Good Grief (2x04). He liked the Peanuts gags and the Saddam-in-a-spiderhole spoof in the latter. But I think he was waiting for punchlines followed by a laugh track.
    Newsradio suffered from having a laugh track, I can't imagine someone actually wanting a laugh track, they annoy the mother fucking shit out of me. If the joke is not funny enough for me to notice I don't need a studio audience to tell me how to react.
  • You are entitled to the wrong opinion.
    Name a better one. ;^)
    Sister Sister
    Perfect Strangers
    Becker
    Married... With Children
    Girlfriends
    All of Us
    The Nanny
    Mad About You
    Just Shoot Me