This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Question on Satoshi Kon movie dubs

edited August 2008 in Anime
I want to show my parents Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika, but I do not know how good the dubs for them are. Can someone please tell me whether or not the dubs for these two movies are good?

Comments

• I'm not sure about Paprika but I don't know if Tokyo Godfathers has a dub. I have seen It on tv a couple of times and both times it had subtitles.
  • Both were quite good, if I remember correctly.
  • They can't read...?
  • They can, but I would rather have them focusing on the movie more than reading the subs.
  • They're not amazing dubs, but they work. Your parents won't realize anything is wrong.
  • Awesome, thank you.
  • Um, I'm pretty sure Tokyo Godfathers doesn't have a dub. At least my DVD is Japanese-only and I've never heard of an English version.
  • They are great dubs. Go for Paprika.
  • I want to show my parents Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika.
    You're forgetting Perfect Blue.
    That depends on what your parents like. Perfect Blue is a little (Ok more than a little) demented.
    Paprika is strange, but really cool how dreams switch. That and Susumu does the music. His stuff is always good.
    No way in hell am I going to show them Perfect Blue, they are normal people who would only get frightened if I showed them something like that.
  • No way in hell am I going to show them Perfect Blue, they are normal people who would only get frightened if I showed them something like that.
    Umm... It's no more disturbing than any psychological thriller movie.
  • Trust me, they would freak.
  • They wouldn't freak at the psyco-thriller parts. They would freak at the attempted rape.
  • What, does rape offend their delicate sensibilities?
  • They would freak at the attempted rape.
    A lot of movies have (attempted) rape in them: it's not something special. (Ten per second is special).
  • edited November 2008
    They would freak at the attempted rape.
    I think he means they would freak at the idea of an animated movie with adult/mature themes.

This is a mental block that people need to get over, for their own enjoyment.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • They would freak at the attempted rape.
    I think he means they would freak at the idea of an animated movie with adult/mature themes.

This is a mental block that people need to get over, for their own enjoyment.
    What he said.