This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• chown -R apache /
  • edited November 2008
    chown -R apache /
    The trophy is yours, Cowboy Hat boy.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • chown -R apache /
    I punched chmod 0000 -R / into my sandbox server once, while a web application was performing load tests with read/write activity. I still for the life of me can't figure out why I did so.
  • edited November 2008
    I wasn't paying attention to the floss colors of my cross-stitching project as I was cross-stitching earlier this morning. I made over 150+ stitches using the wrong color and now I have to remove them. This will not be easy.

Damn Nile Green and Nile Green (medium) looking so similar. ><
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I've begun to hate my life evenmore.
    It will get better , it always gets better.
    Most of the time.
  • Fired.
    Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that.
  • Fired.
    At least you can go on FNPL now...
  • Fired.
    Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that.
    Hey, at least he doesn't have to worry about being fired anymore.
  • Hey, at least he doesn't have to worry about being fired anymore.
    That is a funny way of looking at it but, I lold.
  • That's so lame, Jason. Shit, man.
  • My fail was the fact it took me 30+ hours to realize that if I want to have a schema AND a XSLT effecting the same XML document, I would have to reference the schema in the XSLT and not the XML file.

Why is it that when you try to do something "the right way" it turns out to slam you in every possible wall it can?
  • One of my guitar's string broke less than two minutes after I started playing with some freshly changed strings, and I have a Floyd Rose.

Only guitarist will know how much fail that sentence contains. I'm annoyed.
  • edited November 2008
    My friend has one of those on his Ibanez. At least the guitar never really goes out of tune.

And, while breaking strings is annoying, at least electric guitar strings are cheap. They sell ten packs the same price as one set of bass strings. The first time I bought guitar strings I was in awe.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • You have any idea how much time I spent changing them? 45 minutes of frustration.
  • I failed at making the bookmarks for the funeral. The legal system is failing me at putting the guy behind bars for the crime against my mother. I burned my lunch thus failing at eating. I failed Mom when she was alive. I'm so angry, miserable and I want revenge!
  • I failed at making the bookmarks for the funeral. The legal system is failing me at putting the guy behind bars for the crime against my mother. I burned my lunch thus failing at eating. I failed Mom when she was alive. I'm so angry, miserable and I want revenge!
    My condolences. Hope this gets better for you.
    I am so so sorry. Losing a loved one is never an easy time, so if you need some emotional support we have your back.
  • This whole week has been one big fail after another. My old foster mom (who is like family) called to tell me that my old foster dad is now dying of lung caner, I had to call my grandmother while she was sick to ask for the money to go see him, My dad called at 4:00 in the morning and bitched at me for not telling him about the change in Christmas plans, then he called me again to apologies for bitching me out, my boyfriend had unintentionally gotten himself into some deep shit and now I can't be there for him, I still have to wait to sgin up for college classes, and I failed to make a good argument to someone about how much Nia from GL was a poorly written "mary sue" character, even thought I know I could have.

Yeah, I feel like a huge fail right now.
  • *Pat pat* That's rough. Real rough. Good luck.
  • I slept in until 3:30 today. It really pisses me off when I let myself do this, especially when I've got to get up in the morning and work out the next day.
  • I hurt my wrist playing Twinkle Star Sprites on my computer. :/
  • I can't give Viga a hug in person. That is my failing, because it is all I want to do right now.
  • I get paid for knocking on doors for charity. While sometimes this can be awesome, it is mostly hard, depressing, and just generally horrible.
  • This thread is like group therapy. Thank you all, especially those who sent messages of encouragement.
  • My PSU died. Then I went on vacation before being able to fix/replace it. Today I went to the store for a new PSU, it was closed (fuckers). Then finally persuaded my little brother to borrow me his unused PC's PSU. Installed it, hit the start button, jumped into the BIOS setup and poof, it turned off. Somehow it went up all the way to 90 degrees Celsius. So we scraped off the 'thermal' concrete from my P4 and its cooler and applied some fancier stuff. It works again now.

Also, instead of getting a new PSU I got myself a headset + removable mic.
  • Not a personal fail but I thought this was just hilarious:

New York Islanders vs. Montreal Canadiens, the Canadiens lead 3-2 and a delayed penalty is called on the Islanders. For anybody who doesn't know how it works, the game stops only when an Islander touches the puck. A common strategy is to pull the goaltender and get a few extra seconds on a quasi-power play. Since the opposition can't touch the puck without the game being stopped, you normally don't have to worry about a goal against. Let's see what happens:

That is the tying goal. The game goes into overtime, and the Islanders ultimately win it in a shoot-out.
  • edited November 2008
    I failed at making the bookmarks for the funeral. The legal system is failing me at putting the guy behind bars for the crime against my mother. I burned my lunch thus failing at eating. I failed Mom when she was alive. I'm so angry, miserable and I want revenge!
    *e-hug* Just don't get hung up on the vengeful feelings. It'll eat you alive. Drop a line if you need to talk; I've dealt with the loss of a parent too.
    This thread is like group therapy. Thank you all, especially those who sent messages of encouragement.
    So what was the reason? Victim of the recession? Or some manner of bullshit?

Fail of the week, as of last week: With the current fiscal crisis in New York, my shot at the promotion that I've been working towards for the past year has come to a complete stop, with no possibility in sight. I'm glad to still have a job, but having the carrot snatched away from me after having it dangled in front of me for a year is, well, demoralizing.

Oh, and a coworker who went on "medical leave" after having a violent emotional outburst at work - complete with threats of violence and bombing the building - was recently cleared as being mentally competent and returned to work this past Thursday. Awkward!
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited November 2008
    Rouge

If you laughed when Bejeweled was in WoW, get ready to fall out of your chair.
    Post edited by Coldguy on