This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• So for the previous two days it snowed here. Yay snow! but yesterday it started to melt. This night it started to freeze again, resulting in a quarter inch of solid ice.

I fell down twice.

Luckily I didn't break anything (electronics or bones). It just hurt.
  • So for the previous two days it snowed here. Yay snow! but yesterday it started to melt. This night it started to freeze again, resulting in a quarter inch of solid ice.

I fell down twice.

Luckily I didn't break anything (electronics or bones). It just hurt.
    HAHAA! Here in the north it too snowed, and then melted. The weather however did not screw us over by making our butts red with ache. MAHAHAHAHA! The superiority of the Dutch north has once again been shown!
  • Here in Austria it also snowed yesterday. Melt, refreeze, you know the game. Well, I walk about half an hour to the train station when I walk to the university. I only fell once when I overlooked an ice sheet though. Nothing broken either. Gotta be careful with a laptop on the back. Luckily I don't have to walk home.

Anyways, I wasn't at the university yesterday but I heard the snow (and apparently it snowed a lot more in the city where my university is than in the town where I live) caught the city off guard and a friend of mine stood in the cold for an hour waiting for a bus which normally runs every 20 minutes. Major Fail on part of the city.
  • edited November 2008
    HAHAA! Here in the north it too snowed, and then melted. The weather however did not screw us over by making our butts red with ache. MAHAHAHAHA! The superiority of the Dutch north has once again been shown!
    It's not slippery in a neighboring town. I think it is a local thing.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • This thread is like group therapy. Thank you all, especially those who sent messages of encouragement.
    I know, right. I felt the same when I got many condolences.

Now that the funeral happened and she was buried and I yelled and cried at her I felt some closure. I was never a person who would just take things "as is", but this time I have too. I have regrets about Mom, but there's no use to feel bad about that since I can't possibly make it up to her.
    Just don't get hung up on the vengeful feelings. It'll eat you alive. Drop a line if you need to talk; I've dealt with the loss of a parent too.
    I know. That's why my family kept warning me and keeping an eye on me. I seriously want to get this guy. I want to go after him myself, but pretending to be a superhero and going in violently wont help. Besides, he ran off and laying low somewhere. I have no clues to find him and there's barely any evidence to get him. FAIL!
  • It's not slippery in a neighboring town. I think it is a local thing.
    HA! The great gods of non-existance have listened to lackofcheese's anger and punished you! You who left him to die, to be kicked and punched in the crotch by a bunch of computer generated rabbies infected 'zombies'.
  • Nine, now is not the time for rabies zombies. >:o
    There's more serious stuff going on.

ったく、空気読めってば。
  • I know. That's why my family kept warning me and keeping an eye on me. I seriously want to get this guy. I want to go after him myself, but pretending to be a superhero and going in violently wont help. Besides, he ran off and laying low somewhere. I have no clues to find him and there's barely any evidence to get him. FAIL!
    God, that sucks so hard. The best thing to do here is let the authorities handle it. You may never get any closure on the matter, though. You'll have to find a way to make your own sort of peace.

It takes time and support. It's going to be hard, and it's probably going to stay hard. Remember your friends and family, keep them close for support, and keep on truckin'.
  • edited November 2008
    It's not slippery in a neighboring town. I think it is a local thing.
    HA! The great gods of non-existance have listened to lackofcheese's anger and punished you! You who left him to die, to be kicked and punched in the crotch by a bunch of computer generated rabbies infected 'zombies'.
    Haha! My vengeance against Bronzdragon is complete! I finished an L4D campaign on Expert today (No Mercy), (well, technically yesterday; it's 2:54AM here), with a friend and two randoms. However, I sacrificed myself so that my friend and one of the randoms could use a cheap trick to win. Also, one of the randoms followed me to his death, despite this being unnecessary.

Also, I received confirmation for the n-th time that I am allergic to other people's houses. It sucks, but it's tolerable. It's worse when I sleep at other people's houses though.
    Nine, now is not the time for rabies zombies. >:o
    There's more serious stuff going on.
    Sorry gomily, but this is still a good place for rabies-infected zombies, though group therapy is far superior I admit. This is, however, the "Fail of Your Day" thread, not the "Fail of Your Week/Month/Year/Life" thread. So while the latter always qualifies as the former, it does not mean that the former does not belong here.

If I could make a decent contribution to the group therapy, I would. However, all I can do is offer my sympathies, and be thankful my troubles are so minor.

If the rabies zombies are getting in the way of the group therapy, then we should have a separate "group therapy" thread for serious business only.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I just found out my hamster died.

I wasn't really close to it or anything. In fact, the thing that bothered me the most was the fact my little sister was very uncool about it. It's still a creature worth your respect!
  • edited November 2008
    The screen on my phone died today. It's a good thing I'm going home tomorrow.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Aww, sad. Rodent pets are very short lived.
  • Damn, this thread is sad. Viga, I'm sorry that happened. I wish the best for you. I can't offer advise because I haven't been through that situation. Hope things go well.
    @Bronz Sorry your little buddy died. It's sad that your little sister acted in that way. I had the same situation with my niece. When we were burying my cat of 13 years my niece didn't know how to react. My cat, Cuki was like a sister to me. I had a little plastic bag of things that she loved to bury her with. My whole family was sad and mourning her loss, except for my niece who was laughing. Man, I felt like clocking her but I knew she'd grow out of it and she did. At the time, she was too stubborn to talk sense into.
  • >.o

One new PSU... now L4D runs like crap.
  • One new PSU... now L4D runs like crap.
    WTF? Also, what PSU?
  • One new PSU... now L4D runs like crap.
    WTF? Also, what PSU?
    Linky.
    Power supply is a reference to a source of electrical power. A device or system that supplies electrical or other types of energy to an output load or group of loads is called a power supply unit or PSU.
  • edited November 2008
    Ahem.
    I did not say "What is a PSU?"
    I said "What PSU?"

I said "WTF" because it is illogical for a new PSU to make a game run badly.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • If a device doesn't get the power it needs it may clock down to prevent itself loosing power completely. That might need confirming but it makes sense.
  • Yes, I agree. The chances are that the graphics card wasn't getting enough power. The question of which PSU it was is an important one.
  • My poor dog ate eight chocolate turkeys and is on it's way to the vet.
  • Ahem.
    Whoops. :D
  • I said "WTF" because it is illogical for a new PSU to make a game run badly.
    I said the same, it makes little sense. Especially seeing as the old PSU was 300W, and the new one is 350W. Or so the labels say.
    I said the same, it makes little sense. Especially seeing as the old PSU was 300W, and the new one is 350W. Or so the labels say.
    To state the obvious - Something is a bit suspect here, proceed with caution.
    Wattage isn't everything on a PSU. What are the amperages on the respective 12V rails?
  • Wattage isn't everything on a PSU. What are the amperages on the respective 12V rails?
    Dealt with it, thanks cheese, thanks GeekNights Steam chat.
  • Just had my own fail. I was doing dishes as a first step of getting food ready to be cooked tomorrow. Picked up the chef's knife to wash and got a cut on my thumb. Nothing serious, just annoying and I feel stupid. I feel like my pride is hurt more than anything else.
    Now to put a glove on over the bandaid and finish the washing.
  • Just had my own fail. I was doing dishes as a first step of getting food ready to be cooked tomorrow. Picked up the chef's knife to wash and got a cut on my thumb. Nothing serious, just annoying and I feel stupid.
    Not that long ago, I did something similar, but ended up cutting the tip of my pinky finger to the bone. The bleeding was, shall we say, profuse.

I learned that day that, should you seriously but not life-threateningly cut yourself, superglue and iodine is a far better solution than any emergency room... -_-
  • Just had my own fail. I was doing dishes as a first step of getting food ready to be cooked tomorrow. Picked up the chef's knife to wash and got a cut on my thumb. Nothing serious, just annoying and I feel stupid.
    Notthatlong ago, I did something similar, but ended up cutting the tip of my pinky finger to the bone. The bleeding was, shall we say, profuse.

I learned that day that, should you seriously but not life-threateningly cut yourself, superglue and iodine is a far better solution than any emergency room... -_-
    Fingertips bleed like there's no tomorrow. I hacked off a little piece of the tip of my thumb a few years back, and man did that sucker bleed.
    Notthatlong ago, I did something similar, but ended up cutting the tip of my pinky finger to the bone. The bleeding was, shall we say, profuse.

QFT. I cut off the end of my dad's pointer finger one time though, and you can't really do this if theres nothing to glue back on. We lost the chunk of finger. It's healed up now, but before, there was about a 1/4"x1/4" piece missing, nail and all.
  • The story of my life: X X -/