This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Help with an idea for a custom guitar

edited December 2008 in Everything Else
Well, I've always been the DYI kinda type, and a few weeks ago decided to upgrade my first guitar, it was a $20 brand less piece of junk, but I love it dearly, so I decided to swap out the old hardware and while at it, re-paint it with a "Theme". Right now both the body and neck are stripped down to bare wood (after hours of sanding/stripping/dremeling), I modified the body a bit, removed some kinks and replaced some cracked pieces, the body is of a regular strat type so you get an idea.

Kinda like this:

Only mine doesn't have a faceplate, it only has 2 knobs and the input jack is on the side, not the top

Now all I need is an idea for the theme, right now unfortunately I don't have an air compressor so no airbrush, but I can manage with stencils and a 0.1 brush, so FIRE AWAY, I'll post the results when done.

Comments

• Well, list some things you love, enjoy, or inspire you.
  • edited December 2008
    I really dig the usual stuff: movies, anime, comics, manga, etc. I also like B-movies and old Kung fu movies as well.

Two ideas I have:

1. Full yellow with black stripes with a Bruce Lee in the back or a chinese dragon going up the back of the neck

2. Again Full yellow/orange with the P! from the FLCL vespa and a Canti with Wings on the back, with a trail of feathers on the back of the neck
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • edited December 2008
    Penis. I take it you'll be stenciling these, right? Depending on how often you're going to be using this, spend a week or so sketching out designs and refining it before you commit to it.
    I am so making a guitar decorated with Victorian Romance: Emma.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Penis. I take it you'll be stenciling these, right? Depending on how often you're going to be using this, spend a week or so sketching out designs and refining it before you commit to it.
    I am so making a guitar decorated withVictorian Romance: Emma.
    Oh I intend to use it a lot, its my only guitar with a fixed bridge, all of the others have either a Floyd Rose or a Bigsby. So its the only one I can tune to drop C/D and back with not much of a hassle.

And yes, I intend to take my time with it.