This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A Happy Festivus to you All

RymRym
edited December 2005 in Everything Else
I'm not sure how we'll handle the "feats of strength" online, but at least we can have a good old "airing of grievances."

More importantly, I trust you all have your unadorned aluminium poles?

Comments

• I believe there are online dice rolling programs; the roll of a d20 shall suffice for the feats of strength.

I didn't have much in the way of an airing of grievances, but I did have one hell of a Festivus dinner. Leftovers for the win!
  • It's Festivus time again! Does everyone have their Festivus Poles out?
  • I had a pole scavenged from an old cuboard's hanging rail, but my housemate bent it by hanging his wet coat on it. Still hunting another one.
    In the house, Feats of strength are being solved by a combination of Halo and Smash Brothers Brawl.
  • I'm currently not at home. Hence I can't really salvage my pole from my cabinet. I will however air some grievances.
  • I will however air some grievances.
    You're very good at that. ^_~
  • How convenient! I found a pole yesterday! I knew I needed it for something!
  • edited December 2008
    No pole here. My sister's boyfriend is visiting today so, even though he's a pretty awesome dude, there won't much airing of grievances or feats of strength going on, despite any suggestions I may put forward.

Festivus at my house will have to wait another year. :(

UPDATE: All is forgiven, dude got me this print for Christmas:
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I still have not seen this episode of Seinfeld, but my family has all nine seasons on DVD and I'm gonna go pull it out and watch it right now.
  • Rym, who do we have to pin to bring the festivities to an end? You or Scott?
  • Happy Holidays to all! :)
  • I still have not seen this episode of Seinfeld, but my family has all nine seasons on DVD and I'm gonna go pull it out and watch it right now.
    Never much cared for Seinfeld in general, but the Festivus episode was the best one by far.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

The rest of your fake, pagan holidays can stay outside in the cold...alone.
  • Never much cared for Seinfeld in general, but the Festivus episode was the best one by far.
    Shit, if you thought that was good then you should actually watch Seinfeld. This episode was mediocre aside from the Festivus-related parts.
  • Never much cared for Seinfeld in general, but the Festivus episode was the best one by far.
    Shit, if you thought that was good then you should actually watch Seinfeld. This episode was mediocre aside from the Festivus-related parts.
    I tried, believe me I have TRIED, but Seinfeld is almost as boring to me as Don Quixote (which has been a handy substitute sleeping pill for me over the years).
  • Happy Festivus to you all!
    I in the other hand will be leaving to celebrate Christmas (Festivus didn't catch in Peru :P ) with my family.