This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Star Wars Clone Wars on Cartoon Network

edited January 2009 in Anime
I've got a bunch of these recorded. Is it worth watching?

I'm nervous after all of the junk that Lucas has put out. Since time is a commodity, I wanted to know if it's worth it.

Comments

• I haven't watched the show, but I watched the movie a few days ago and it wasn't bad. I have some issues with it, but it was overall enjoyable.
  • The way I see it is that there was already a perfectly good Clone Wars animated series, and that you should just watch that one. I have not seen the new series, though, so I cannot truly say anything against it.
  • I just read that Lucas promised at least 100 episodes. That's never a good thing, IMHO.
  • If you're talking about the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars, then yes you should watch it. If it's some other one, then probably not.
  • I would rather watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
    I did not even know such atrocities like this even exists. They don't even have Kevin Conroy as Batman.
    I did not even know such atrocities like this even exists. They don't even have Kevin Conroy as Batman.
    Which tells you something about the quality of the new Clone Wars.
  • edited January 2009
    I'm talking aboutthis animated series.
    If you're talking about the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars, then yes you should watch it. If it's some other one, then probably not.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited January 2009
    I would rather watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
    Batman: The Brave and the Bold is campy and amazing.

The CG Clone Wars cartoon is pretty good. I highly recommend the episodes about the Clone Troopers or Jar Jar.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • edited January 2009
    I would rather watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
    Batman: The Brave and the Bold is campy and amazing.

Agreed! As long as you don't go into the show expecting the serious, gritty, dark and brooding Batman of today and instead just go in expecting the more smart mouthed, campy Batman of yesteryear, the show is actually fun. I mean, it's nowhere near the level of Batman TAS, but then, what is?

Personally, I don't care for the new Clone Wars series. I didn't find the movie to be as good or as horrible as some people made it out to be, I just found it to be okay. The series however, I dunno, maybe I haven't seen the right episodes, but I've found the whole thing to just be kind of boring.
    Post edited by edifolco25 on