This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime MS Paint 2008

edited January 2009 in Anime
So there is this thread on some other forum that asks people to draw their favorite 2008 video game moments in MS Paint. It's pretty cool.

I ask you to draw your favorite 2008 Anime moments in MS Paint! Go! If you don't have MS Paint, use Gimp, but only use paintbrush, eraser, and other simple tools.

Comments

• Does it have to be anime that came out in 2008? I think there is only one anime that is new that I watched in 2008. -_- I've been rewatching a bunch of old stuff.
  • Does it have to be anime that came out in 2008? I think there is only one anime that is new that I watched in 2008. -_- I've been rewatching a bunch of old stuff.
    I think it's ok if you watched it in 2008. The other thread has images of Castlevania 1 and FF7.
  • I made one!

• edited January 2009
    I'm assuming, from Scott's submission, we can use the Text Tool.
    /This image is 50% awesomer if you're listing to Sorairo Days in the background.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Chiyo-chan in her penguin costume!

• While not in 2008, I have something very sinister in the works.....
    edited January 2009
    Awesome idea, and that video game version thread you linked Scott, oh my god does it have some awesome art, and I've only skimmed the first page. Now I gotta think of what I watched in 2008.

Sub-title: Drawing with a touchpad and no skill is HELL!
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited January 2009
    Naked bungee jumping assassin:

Post edited by Walker on
  • That Krauser is win.
  • edited January 2009
    Do you think we could get that oekaki board as part of the site redesign?

I've started work on a big atmosphere picture to get half way and realize I have no tools for filling or blocks of colour.. Damn whiteboard programs.

Done! Might add more detail later.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited January 2009
    Do you think we could get that oekaki board as part of the site redesign?
    Tell me which oekaki is the best. I was researching it awhile ago, but nobody helped me out.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Sorry for the shit quality, I suck at MS Paint. Also, I can't draw faces for shit, so I just pasted her face there... :D

• Sorry for the shit quality, I suck at MS Paint. Also, I can't draw faces for shit, so I just pasted her face there... :D
    MS Paint has copy/pasta, so it's totally fair.
  • Yeah, boota!
  • Does anyone here have a NeoGAF forum account? I registered there a few days ago just so I could post in that thread but I still haven't been approved and I gather it can take months. In the meantime I've drawn five videogame drawings in Paint and can't post them.
    So, if you're able to post there, could you please explain that the following are submitted by Paul of Melbourne:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~pdjsmith/layton.png
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~pdjsmith/saints.png
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~pdjsmith/gta4.png
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~pdjsmith/pinata.png
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~pdjsmith/shiren.png
    Posted as links instead of images as they're not anime and I've already derailed the thread enough. Thanks.
  • I see your boota and raise you kikaider.
    I didn't draw the eyes because I'm really horrible at eyes. As a result, It kinda looks like Ananth cosplaying as Kikaider.
  • I finally remembered in awesome moment. I'll be back to put it here. I'm so pumped.
  • I finally remembered in awesome moment. I'll be back to put it here. I'm so pumped.
    NOOOOOOOOOO! The average skill level thus far has been pretty low, making everyone's art look equally crappyGOOD! You'll ruin the balance.
    NOOOOOOOOOO! The average skill level thus far has been pretty low, making everyone's art look equallycrappyGOOD! You'll ruin the balance.
    Tough luck, nines! I went through hell trying to make this stupid thing, now your going to have to guess where it's from. It should be easy.

• now your going to have to guess where it's from. It should be easy.
    But, I'm not an anime...
    NOOOOOOOOOO! The average skill level thus far has been pretty low, making everyone's art look equallycrappyGOOD! You'll ruin the balance.
    Tough luck, nines! I went through hell trying to make this stupid thing, now your going to have to guess where it's from. It should be easy.

Blackjack the movie
  • A winner is Mr.Roboto!
  • @Railith: Animal Crossing: Most Dangerous?
  • Rediscovered this in 2008 with the OVAS
  • This thread made me realize that I barely watched anime in 2008.
    Denno Coil is a show that far too few people have seen. A nuclear exchange between beards is not its norm, but it's one of the more, uh, memorable moments.
  • Sky Crawlers