This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dreamation 2009

edited February 2009 in Conventions
I'll be at Dreamation this coming weekend. If you'd like to meet up to play a game or grab lunch or make fun of lesser geeks, shoot me an email (see my account info).

Comments

• It's this weekend? Oy. I've been meaning to check one of these shows out, but it just hasn't been easy. When is the next one, I'll put it on the calendar now.
  • edited February 2009
    Dexcon, its slightly smaller sister convention, is in July. Double Exposure (the parent group) has it scheduled so that Dreamation happens in the winter and Dexcon happens in the summer.

Dreamation is sort of the Mecca of the east coast for Indie RPGs. I attended both Gencon and Dreamation last year, and Dreamation gives Gencon a run for its money in being the place to meet the most indie game developers. Ubercon used to be the jam, but it's been petering out the past couple years and its spring con has been canceled this year (the fall con is still on).
    Post edited by xenomouse on
  • Ubercon used to be the jam, but it's been petering out the past couple years and its spring con has been canceled this year (the fall con is still on).
    Yeah, Ubercon is dying.

Dexcon goes from July 8th - 12th? Are they serious? Wednesday through Sunday? Who the fuck can get three days off work for a convention? I'll consider going to it on the weekend.
  • p.s. - To give you an idea of who's going to be there and what's being played, check out the game schedule (fair warning - the schedule format is ugly and will hurt your brain). Do a search for "R140" - that will take you to the beginning of the RPG section. Most of the games in that section are indie RPGs, though mainstream RPGs are listed in there as well.
    Who the fuck can get three days off work for a convention? I'll consider going to it on the weekend.
    That is mighty odd. The cons usually go from Thursday to Sunday (as does Dreamation this weekend). Coincidentally, I'm taking off three days this weekend (thursday and friday, and then a monday to recover).
  • damn, I would totally go if our monthy game was not at that time.