This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lucky Star

edited February 2009 in Anime
I don't know how many of you like these sorts of "train of thought" comedy shows (very similar to Azumanga Daioh), but I really like Lucky Star probably more than I do Azumanga Daioh. I'm sure most of you know what Lucky Star is. I've only seen the first 2 episodes, but some of the comedy gold is the "Lucky Channel" bit at the end of each episode. The numerous anime references are also pretty funny.

One thing that frightens me though is the amount of people who are into the moe, Lucky Star hentai. What the fuck? I've heard Scott discuss the creepy people who like the Azumanga Daioh hentai, but whoa... o.0

Anyone else like/seen Lucky Star?

Comments

• Anyone else like/seen Lucky Star?
    I plan on buying the box set when it comes available. I hear good things about this all the time. I remember gomidog referring to a certain scene where one of the characters is falling and they are going to fall on their wrist/hand but they move so they can protect their art drawing hand.

Isn't there a manga as well? I might look into that.
  • I watched the first episode and didn't really like it.
    That's understandable, because with a show like that or Azumanga Daioh, you really either like it or you don't.
  • I plan on buying the box set when it becomes available.
    Same here. The trailer had me laughing, and I've heard nothing but good things about the show.
  • Really like the series. I've seen it twice. But then again I'm the guy that diggs slice of life comedies like Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba&! or even Genshiken which I would put half-way into that category.
  • edited February 2009
    Anyone else like/seen Lucky Star
    I love lucky star. It's anime inside jokes disguised as a moe show. The characters (especially Konata and Kagami) are really cute, but of course I like tsudere characters anyway. (Konata x Kagami forevah!)

If I was an anime character, I would probably be a cross between Hiyori, the doujinshi drawing artist, and Patricia Martin, the fujoshi exchange student. Both of them are my favorite part of the show.

Post edited by gomidog on
    Actually, they canned the first director after the first few episodes, so the pace picks up quite a bit.
  • edited February 2009
    Hey, but I really like Azu and Yotsuba. They may both be "slice of life" comedies, but I don't think the style of humor is that comparable.

[Edit]
    I watched the first episode and didn't really like it.
    Actually, they canned the first director after the first few episodes, so the pace picks up quite a bit.
    Oh, hey, then maybe I'll go try a later episode.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited February 2009
    Thank you Emily. This is one of my favorite scenes from the entire series. It's the complete trap. Either lie or ruin the innocence. It's like when a six year old walks up to you and asks if Santa is real.

I also love the idiots from the comic shop.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Those are the actual mascot characters of Animate, a anime chain store in Japan.
  • edited February 2009
    I actually haven't seen or read Yotsuba, but I've heard really good stuff about that too, so I might have to check that out.
    Anyone else like/seen Lucky Star
    I love lucky star. It's anime inside jokes disguised as a moe show. The characters (especially Konata and Kagami) are really cute, but of course I like tsudere characters anyway. (Konata x Kagami forevah!
    Ah! Tsukasa and Konata ftw! Although some of the characters later in the show look kinda interesting so I don't know how awesome they will be... ^_^

LOL, I laugh whenever I hear myself geek out about anything... ^_^
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
    I have seen the first 7 episodes. I set it to be a an-ep-every-so-often show, but then my computer crapped out and I'm like "Nuuuuuu. T_T Nine not can connect a desktop SATA HD to his laptop! ... Not without spending money."
    If I was an anime character, I would probably be a cross between the doujinshi drawing artist and the fujoshi exchange student.
    Great, now I have the mental image of a cartoony Gomily, all dark and grinning and chuckling to herself whilst sitting squated next to, and feverishly fanning, a small flame underneath the "Why people think Rym and Scott are gay" thread, all over again, only now she's also keeping a watchful eye upon the other FRC members. Scary Gomily, so very, very scary. ... I should stop thinking. ... Viga just joined.

Lucky star is a fun show.
    I have seen the first 7 episodes. I set it to be a an-ep-every-so-often show, but then my computer crapped out and I'm like "Nuuuuuu. T_T Nine not can connect a desktop SATA HD to his laptop! ... Not without spending money."
    Download it again? Bittorrent and IRC work perfectly fine.
    Great, now I have the mental image of a cartoony Gomily, all dark and grinning and chuckling to herself whilst sitting squated next to, and feverishly fanning, a small flame underneath the "Why people think Rym and Scott are gay" thread, all over again, only now she's also keeping a watchful eye upon the other FRC members. Scary Gomily, so very, very scary. ... I should stop thinking. ... Viga just joined.
  • Lucky Star has long been in my have to watch list, but after seeing the clips is this topic I really have to resist a urge to go and get it right away. But I have to watch away everything that's filling my computer at the moment before I download anything new. But next time when I'm in "what show should I see next?" I choose Lucky Star.
  • Download it again? Bittorrent and IRC work perfectly fine.
    I know, just haven't bothered yet, and being dramatic for the sake of being dramat-OMIGOSH!
    O.O *thumbs up, then faints*
  • This is only a good show for a one time viewing, pleases the fans, has a lot of current references from when it was made. This is an example of movies like chicken little when he does the Napoleon dance. This wont be memorable.
  • This is only a good show for a one time viewing, pleases the fans, has a lot of current references from when it was made. This is an example of movies like chicken little when he does the Napoleon dance. This wont be memorable.
    It also has a bunch of references to old stuff. Heck, ending songs anyone? As for it being memorable, eh, I agree, little.
  • edited July 2009

Old and still memorable.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
    It gets way better especially after the 5th episode.