This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Photos

edited February 2009 in Everything Else
I couldn't find a generic photo album sharing thread, so I'll post some here.

I'm trying out the Sosauce.com photo sharing service, part of a website about traveling. Here are some photos from my latest trip: East Africa 2009. Reading the descriptions should give you enough clues about what's going on.

Comments

• Soooooosssssaaaaaaauuuuuce!

By the way, Luke, I love looking at your photos. They are always fascinating.
    (I really liked the inverted well in Portugal.)
  • The inverted well is simply in a fascinating place; it had nothing to do with my photography skill! I'm trying to improve, but it's slow going to get interesting and good looking photos whenever I want to take one. Normally I get 10 "meh..." photos for every "cool!"
  • The inverted well is simply in a fascinating place; it had nothing to do with my photography skill! I'm trying to improve, but it's slow going to get interesting and good looking photos whenever I want to take one. Normally I get 10 "meh..." photos for every "cool!"
    That isn't a bad ratio... even for a professional.
  • No, that is even the photos I think are really worth keeping and sharing. For every "meh..." photo there are 10 "so shit I delete it as soon as I take it" photos. The ration of bad photos to photos I think are really cool is about 100 to 1. Thankfully I have enough opportunities to take enough photos to end up with ANY worth keeping.
  • I got a new album uploaded of travel and wildlife photos from the last two weeks. See South America, March 2009 here. For starters, here are some geese on the Falklands Islands (Isla Malvina for insistent Argentines):
  • edited April 2009
    Went outside to take some pictures today. Unfortunately I ran out of battery power pretty quickly, but I got a couple good ones.

Post edited by Walker on
  • I was riding through parks and forests yesterday and found the perfect spot to read and relax. :D

- below the tree there's a pond.

Felt like sharing. :)
  • I was riding through parks and forests yesterday and found the perfect spot to read and relax. :D

Did you run that through any filters?
  • edited May 2009
    I was riding through parks and forests yesterday and found the perfect spot to read and relax. :D

How many collosi did you take down before you got there?
    Post edited by Mankoon on
    This is the best self-photo I've ever seen.
  • How many collosi did you take down before you got there?
    Eh? If he took down a collosi he would have ended up back at his house or local religious establishment.
  • Did you run that through any filters?
    Yeah, I edit all my photos in Lightroom.
    How many collosi did you take down before you got there?
    All I had to do is fight myself through the deep forest to get to the pond, over which the tree is hanging.
    This is the best self-photo I've ever seen.
    Thanks. :)
  • edited May 2009
    I was riding through parks and forests yesterday and found the perfect spot to read and relax. :D

You have the same shoes as me,
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • As posted on my blog:

I didn't take many photos on my trip to the Mediterranean, and none on my trip across the Atlantic (I didn't even take my DSLR camera). I did take a few on my Baltic trip though, so I decided to combine all the most recent into one album/blog post.

Check out the whole album over at sosauce.com to see more photos like these:

Sunsets in Turkey...

Churches in Baltic cities...

Fighting Bears!

• How many collosi did you take down before you got there?
    He only took one, but it was a Nancy Collosi.
  • Fighting Bears!
    I scrolled down really fast when I saw that, because for some reason, I assumed that it would be you fighting a bear.
  • edited May 2009
    Fighting Bears!
    I scrolled down really fast when I saw that, because for some reason, I assumed that it would be you fighting a bear.
    You can't fight a bear!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited May 2009
    Fighting Bears!
    You can'tfighta bear!
    You can fight A bear. You can't fight 10 bears.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • You can't fight 10 bears.
    Unless you're Zangeif.
  • You can fight any number of bears. You just can't win.
  • You can fight any number of bears. You just can't win.
    Unless you're Zangeif.
  • Are you allowed to use fire and/or weaponry?
  • Are you allowed to use fire and/or weaponry?
    Your weaponry better be large caliber firearms, or it won't do much good. I guess bear mace could let you get away, but it won't help you win.
  • Repeating elephant rifle.
  • What depresses me is how quickly this photo thread turned into a conversations about guns...
    You all disgust me.
  • LOL. Bringing a little reference from the Cosplay thread, I see.
  • What depresses me is how quickly this photo thread turned into a conversations about guns...
    You all disgust me.
    New meme!
  • Bears can't catch you if you're on fire.
  • I took these yesterday and I'm particularly proud of that first one. You can find the full-sized versions on my Flickr.