This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Great Depression Cooking

edited February 2009 in Everything Else
Learn from the past so we can eat like true depressionites. Clara's Great Depression Cooking

Similar to previous posts on this thread.

Comments

• This is really cool.
  • Damn, that's a good show. Better video production that Feed Me Bubbe, and more interesting. Though, I think Bubbe's food probably tastes better.
  • Mmmm, delicious.
  • Awesome, I need to expand my recipe portfolio.
  • edited February 2009
    My mother has my Greatgrandmother's handwritten cookbook from the Great Depression. It is really amazing. She fed a 6 person family on pennies a day.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited February 2009
    And who could forget this Famous Aussie Chef, Peter Russell Clarke, The king of cheap cooking. Gordon Ramsay - Watch out.for more than one reason....
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Most of the things she made is better then what I've been eating recently. University life: The best training for a depression.
  • Most of the things she made is better then what I've been eating recently. University life: The best training for a depression.
    I disagree - My university student housemates do quite well. More like "Move to another country woefully unprepared: Best training for a depression."