This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I have to decide between M.D. Geist or Crystal Triangle

edited February 2009 in Anime
...to show for Bad Anime Day at my high school's anime club tomorrow.

Which is more hilariously bad? I know Geist is the classic, but I watched the first ten minutes of Crystal Triangle and I laughed pretty hard.

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Crystal Triangle has a representation of god as a grub.

Fast Karate did an episode on this if you need further persuasion.
    Show #181

I will also post further content to prove why Crystal Triangle is the better choice. A quote from the Fast Karate site.
    "KGB RPG Archaeologists that are the grandsons of Rasputin and wear purple robs"
    Post edited by Alan on
  • You should show Naruto. Please.
    No.
    No.
    I guess it depends on what sort of anime fans go to your club. If they were Narutards, I'd show Naruto.
  • Crystal Triangle has a representation of god as a grub.
    Devil's Advocate: Geist has laser spears and the jignitz bomb.
  • Zaizen Jotaro
  • Crystal Triangle has a representation of god as a grub.
    Don't forget the giant robotic centipedes that eat faces.
  • edited February 2009
    Crystal Triangle has a representation of god as a grub.
    Don't forget the giant robotic centipedes that eat faces.
    Or women that love you for your genocide.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    Crystal Triangle has Hitler with crystal cybernetic horses in it.
  • edited February 2009
    I'd go with M.D Geist, the second one is probably better from a so bad it makes you laugh perspective because not only does the jignix bomb and the robots which shoot other robots who then eat your face but a laugh a minute dub. However either of these anime would be perfect for a bad anime day, maybe you could do a double feature
    Post edited by Irascible on
  • Just have a double feature. Problem solved, or created......
  • I'd say double feature too, but Crystal Triangle sounds way better (or in this case worse) than MD Geist. I only seen the latter though.
  • You can have more than one bad anime day...
  • You can have more than one bad anime day...
    Yes, why choose when you can inflict twice the pain awesomeness? But of course, there is something far worse that you could choose for bad anime day... you could always go straight to the top.
  • ODIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
  • top.
    That was my first choice, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I went with Geist for a simple reason: Club is only an hour long and, if I showed Crystal Triangle, we wouldn't get to the God-caterpillar. I'll show it another day, probably on the last meeting of the year.
  • How about that show where the heroic lead is so badass he steers by shooting the steering wheel? I can never remember the name, but I'm sure someone here will.
  • edited February 2009
    How about that show where the heroic lead is so badass he steers by shooting the steering wheel? I can never remember the name, but I'm sure someone here will.
    Zaizen Jotaro
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • Thanks, Aijuan. Seriously, memory like a....device with holes in it. Used for cooking. You know the thing.
  • colander?
    Teapot?
  • colander?
    Teapot?
    Cheese grater?
  • colander?
    Teapot?
    Cheese grater?
    Spaghetti strainer?
  • colander?
    Teapot?
    Cheese grater?
    Spaghetti strainer?
    Cutting board?
  • Cutting board?
    A cutting board doesn't have holes in it, silly.

MD Geist went over well. Or, not well, depending on how you look at it.
  • A cutting board doesn't have holes in it, silly.
    Well, gosh darnit!
  • A cutting board doesn't have holes in it, silly.
    Well, gosh darnit!
    I told you it was time to buy a new one!
  • I'd say Crystal Triangle because while Geist is notoriously awful, it's best saved for the end as it will be more epic that way. Either that or ODIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN.
  • edited February 2009
    He has already shown Geist, and so the next time around he has to show something worse.
    EDIT: I see Dave Riley in the list of people online. Surely he will post in this thread. Seems not, though.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • He has already shown Geist, and so the next time around he has to show something worse.
    EDIT: I see Dave Riley in the list of people online. Surely he will post in this thread. Seems not, though.
    If you've made it through M.D Geist then its time for the uncut, unedited Odin: Photon Space Sailor Starlight